Last Updated on
Sony a6600 Camera Review With Pros and Cons That You Should Know
Are you searching for a camera that will let you shoot photographs as well as videos in a wide range of situations? If yes, then you have reached the right place. In this post, you can read genuine review on the latest mirrorless camera that has been launched by Sony.
The Sony a6600 is a blend of Sony a6400 and a6500 in several aspects, while adding some amazing new features too. The camera will be available for sale in the markets by November 2019. You can either buy the camera as-is or purchase as a kit with the Sony E 18-135mm lens. Some Of the vital Specs of Sony a6600 camera that help in delivering amazing still/video image quality and performance have been mentioned below.
- 2MP Exmor CMOS Image Sensor
- BIONZ X image processor
- Front-end LSI
- 425 phase-detection and contrast-detection AF points
- Real-time tracking and real-time eye AF
- 5-axis optical image stabilization
- 4K HDR (HLG) movie recording
Features Of Sony a6600 Camera
Let’s take a closer look at the Sony a6600 camera and see what it offers.
Dependable And Constant Autofocus
With this camera, you can shoot at up to 11 fps with minimal display lag, and 8 fps in bursts of up to 116 shots in JPEG format at one time. On occasions when you require silent shooting, no shutter noise at up to 8 fps is possible. As per your preferences, you can change these settings or preview them in the electronic viewfinder.
Your range of shooting options will dramatically expand with these amazing features. To initiate the real-time tracking feature for clicking stills or movies, you need to press the shutter half-way or select the feature by touch. The camera’s tracking system processes details such as color, depth, brightness, and subject’s eye in real time.
Real-time Eye AF For Humans And Animals
The Real-time Eye feature helps in providing continuous and stable focus on the eye, irrespective of the subject being on the move. The tracking system also works when the subject’s face is facing downward, not properly lit, or partially hidden. The same feature is apt for clicking amazing pictures of animals too; thus, enabling you to click beautiful wildlife photography and pet portraits.
5-axis Optical Image Stabilization
The exceptional 5-axis optical image stabilization in the a6600 camera can identify and compensate for shake along five axis, which includes horizontal, vertical, angular (pitch and yaw) and rotational. As a result, macro shooting, long-duration movie shooting, and shooting at longer focal lengths becomes simpler, clear, and precise.
High Image Quality
The 24.2 megapixel APS-C image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X image processor ensures that you click high quality images and outstanding videos. Even in dimly lit settings, the camera delivers outstanding low-noise performance for superb pictures. The full-frame a6600 ensures that false colors are suppressed and the human skin tone is depicted accurately.
4K HDR Movie Recording
Features like real-time eye autofocus and real-time tracking ensures that while movie recording, the focus on your subject remains steady. As a result, you will be able to pay attention on some other creative aspects of video-recording. Moreover, time-lapse videos can be formed easily as the camera has an inbuilt Interval Shooting feature, which lets you select shot interval of 1-60 seconds.
Pros Of Sony a6600 Camera
- The Real-time Eye feature will let you prioritize the subject’s left or right eye by selecting them with a simple touch to the settings on the screen of the camera.
- Autofocus is a smooth process as it seamlessly and automatically switches between the subject’s eye and face, as per the position of the subject.
- You can record movies in slow motion up to 5X and fast motion up to 60X directly in the Alpha 6600 camera. Else, you can make use of 120 fps full HD video feature to record high-quality slow-motion video in post-production.
- Long duration shooting sessions is possible due to its high-capacity Z battery.
- The touch operations such as Touch Tracking and Touch Focus are not only available on the camera’s monitor but also accessible when an external monitor is connected to it.
- The 180 degree tiltable display screen makes self-framing easier for travelers and vloggers.
- Holding the camera and clicking videos for a long duration is easy because of its ergonomic grip and slim body.
- The magnesium alloy body of the camera makes it resistant to moisture and dust.
- My Menu feature of the camera will let you save 30 different menu items, thus making life simpler.
Cons Of Sony a6600 Camera
- An expensive camera, which is not affordable to all.
- There aren’t many new features added to the camera.
To conclude, the Sony a6600 camera provides amazing features like in-built image stabilization, reliable autofocus, real-time tracking, better and bigger battery, larger grip, headphone jack for monitoring video sound quality, and much more. Although it is priced on a higher side, the specs and features of the camera outweigh the cost significantly. Overall, Sony has not let its fans down and the a6600 camera is extremely comfortable to work with for long periods of time. It certainly is one of the finest mirrorless all-rounder cameras of 2019-2020.