Last Updated on
Sony a6100 Camera Honest Review – Best and Worst Features
The first impression of the newly introduced Sony A6100 looks quite impressive. With this launch, Sony has certainly strengthened the APS-C mirrorless line-up of cameras. The A6100 will reach the markets on 25th October 2019 and you can pre-order for it right away on various websites and several Sony authorized dealers in North America. Gradually, the camera will reach other Sony dealers across the world.
- World’s fastest AF at 0 02 sec W/ real-time AF & Object tracking
- Wide 425-phase/425-contrast detection AF points over 84% of sensor
- 24 2MP APS-C Exmor sensor w/ front end LSI and ISO up to 51 200
- Up to 11fps continuous shooting at 24 2MP RAW w/ AF/AE tracking
Features Of Sony a6100 Camera
In comparison to the A6000, the a6100 has several features and upgrades like real-time tracking AF, 4K video, and more. If you are planning to buy the a6100 camera, then it is advisable to read this review till the end to know more about its features, merits, as well as demerits. So, let’s begin!
The only way to capture important moments in your life is by having steady focus in the camera. Whether you are clicking wedding photos or creating a video, the a6100 camera’s AI-based subject-tracking algorithms will never let you down. You can follow your subject at high speed, in real time and with precision.
Real-time Eye AF For Humans And Animals
This feature makes portrait and wildlife photography simpler! The camera can track not only the subject but the individual eye too; thus, clicking professional portraits and pet / wildlife photography. The eye AF feature of Sony a6100 locks focus on the eye and does not get distracted by other moving objects in the frame.
Wide Autofocus Coverage
To provide great detection accuracy, the autofocus coverage is based on dense arrays of 425 contrast-detection points and 425 phase-detection points. The high-capacity buffer memory and enhanced internal processing speed will enable you to click continuous shots at up to 11 fps with after-view or 8 fps with real-time preview. So, you will be able to capture about 77 shots in one continuous burst in JPEG format. Moreover, you can shoot incessantly without shutter noise at up to 8 fps.
Natural Textures And Enhanced Image Resolution
The 24.2 megapixels APS-C sensor as well as the newest image processing engine ensures that the picture you click have natural-looking textures and high image resolution. Even the photos clicked in dark or dimly lit settings are clean and clear. Portraits look the best with this camera as the natural beauty of human skin tones is captured accurately.
Fast Hybrid Autofocus For Recording Movies
The phase-detection autofocus and contrast-detection autofocus system ensures that the videos are stable and precise. This amazing feature can maintain smooth and steady focus irrespective of objects crossing in front of the subject. The high-resolution videos recorded have extraordinary detail, realism, and depth. Without making use of PC post-processing feature, you can record movies in fast motion for up to 60X and slow motion for up to 5X.
Touch Tracking And Touch Focus
The touch tracking feature can be enabled by reaching the menu section of the camera. Once it has been selected, you can simply touch the monitor to click stills or movies. To focus on a particular subject, all you need to do is touch the exact point on the monitor and click.
Pros Of Sony a6100 Camera
- It is a perfect camera for vloggers as there is an external microphone jack provided to make video shooting with audio easier.
- Clicking selfies is simple as the camera’s LCD monitor can be titled to 180 degrees. This feature also helps in clicking low-angle shots.
- The customizable controls make shooting easier as you can save up to 8 keys and controls as per your preferences.
- With a simple touch of display screen, you can activate the camera’s touch tracking feature and click awesome pictures.
- To have quick access to some of the frequently used operations, you can create “My Menu” and register up to 30 different menu items.
- The full-frame camera provides extreme amount of versatility for fulfilling all your video and photography requirements.
- Its interchangeable lenses will help you to produce high-quality photos and videos.
- Transferring files to your device or sharing videos and photos with your loved ones is easy as all you need to do is connect the camera with QR code to your tablet or smartphone.
- The Imaging Edge desktop application helps in controlling and monitoring live shooting from your PC. RAW data can be edited and developed into high-quality photos for delivery.
Cons Of Sony a6100 Camera
- HRD video recording is missing.
- Battery life (still images) is low with approx. 420 shots (LCD monitor) and approx. 380 shots (viewfinder).
- It is not water / dust / shock proof.
Verdict Of Sony a6100 Camera
To conclude, the Sony a6100 camera offers innumerable amazing features that make photography simpler. The camera can skillfully handle the mechanics of photography, thus letting you concentrate on some more creative aspects. It is a super affordable camera with a price tag of $750 approximately, which delivers beautiful images in difficult settings, thereby becoming a perfect camera for travelers and vloggers. However, be prepared as you will have to shell out some more money for buying its accessories like power zoom lens. All in all there is a lot to like in the Sony a6100 and satisfied customers of Sony are eagerly looking forward to its release.
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API