Last Updated on
It was in the seventies when the waterbed burst into the scene. Many homeowners were eager to get their hands on the bed that claimed to offer a weightless sleeping experience. Although many loved and would vouch for the comfort it provided, the biggest downside of owning a waterbed is the possibility of leaks.
Enter the air mattress, what started out as a simple blow-up bed that was originally made of PVC has now evolved into a sleeping option that could function as permanent or as a temporary solution.
In place of PVC, many of the air mattresses today are made of enforced polyurethane with textile fabrics. There are styles that are more lightweight and easier to inflate. With the wide selection available, the question now is how do you select the best air mattress? Compiled below are 5 of the most popular inflatable mattresses.
OlarHike Queen Air Mattress
- STANDARD QUEEN SIZE - Low cost replacement for your expensive traditional mattress, the...
- BUILT-IN PUMP FOR AUTOMATIC SETUP - Plug in the built-in pump to automatically inflate the...
- HIGH QUALITY & WELL-MADE - Upgraded welding seams and thicker fabric layer ensure a...
- COMFORTABLE SLEEPING SUPPORT - The flocked top and velvety fabric surface delivers a nice...
Compared to the older models that require manual inflation or a separate pump, the best air mattress for everyday use comes with a pump built into it. With this integrated inflation system, inflating is an automatic feature what can be done by simply plugging in the pump. A clockwise turn will inflate it in a matter of minutes while a counterclockwise turn will take the air out. It’s an uncomplicated means that also lets users adjust the bed’s firmness with ease.
With its high quality welded seams, and a thick fabric layer, the OlarHike inflatable air mattress is without a doubt, airtight. The company boasts of a 48hr use with zero leaking and a comfortable and stable bed that can accommodate two adults with the aid of its inner coil construction.
Ideal for homeowners and the best air mattress for guests, OlarHike has a 24 month warranty that includes refunds and returns. Whether the mattress is leaking or the quality is not to your liking, a quick phone call to their after sales service team is all it takes to solve the concern. Get a replacement without even having to return the original mattress.
- Skid proof
- 24 month warranty
- Puncture proof
- Cannot hold more than 600lbs
King Koil Queen Air Mattress
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE! - KING KOIL...
- EXTRA THICK DURABLE WATERPROOF COMFORT QUILT TOP with Extra Spinal Support - Firm Mattress...
- QUEEN SIZED AIRBED with Coil-Beam Construction and a BUILT-IN 120V / 210W AC Pump -...
- EASY TO USE plug in internal pump allows fast & easy inflation / deflation. The King Koil...
Manufactured to produce maximum comfort, the King Koil is easily one of the best air mattress brands. Produced with a super soft flocked layer, this bed comes with an integrated pillow. Backed by its 1 year guarantee, the label created a bed with a comfortable quilt top that is waterproof. Made extra thick, the mattress provided amazing spinal support to encourage good sleeping posture.
Knobs to inflate or deflate are separate features that make either process efficient and simple. Feel like the mattress is too firm? No problem, just switch on the knob and let a bit of air out until you get the desired firmness level.
Suede panels help create a mattress that ensures the linen stays put. The 120V pump fitted to it gets the bed up in less than 2 minutes! Easily one of the speediest to setup, the King Koil is designed for long time use or as an emergency option.
The most impressive aspect of this air bed is perhaps its bragging rights. You see, no other air mattress manufacturer can proudly say that they are endorsed by the International Chiropractors Association. That’s right, the King Koil separates itself from the pack by successfully promoting correct spinal alignment while you get a restful night of sleep.
- Accredited by International Chiropractors Association
- 2 minute Inflation
- Seconds to deflate
- Limited warranty period
Vremi Inflatable Queen Air Mattress
- HIGH-QUALITY QUEEN AIR MATTRESS - Our airbed, raised 21 inches from the floor, has 3...
- INFLATES IN 4 MINUTES - This inflatable mattress is perfect as an emergency blow up bed...
- CONSTRUCTED FOR EVEN BODY SUPPORT - Coil beam construction combines firmness and support...
- WATERPROOF FLOCKED TOP AND SIDES - Made with a waterproof flocking that prevents sheets...
One of the best queen air mattress brand’s in the market, the Vremi airbed is a good 21 inch thickness from the ground. In comparison to some of the best cheap air mattress, the Vremi is constructed with 3 heavy duty layers of PVC topped off with soft velvet for that extra sleeping support. No need to settle for inflatable beds that are not only expensive but are quite stiff on the back when you can sleep like a baby on a Vremi.
This self inflating mattress gives you a ready bed in just 4 minutes. Perfect for sleep overs and as an emergency option when family decides to stay the night. The integrated electric pump allows for a hassle free system.
Designed to evenly distribute the sleeper’s weight so their body receives the best comfort combined with the correct mattress firmness. With a total capacity of 600 pounds, the bed with its velvety feel is actually made of flocking that is waterproof. Making it perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Comfortably fits 2 adults
- Waterproof material
- Quiet pump
- Not environmentally friendly materials
JOOFO Portable Queen Air Mattress
Designed with a remarkable honeycomb matrix column that offers a top of the line ergonomic look to ensure a better sleep posture. Its velvety surface was added as a means to provide better comfort and relaxation for a good night’s sleep. Made to be extra thick and durable, the JOOFO air mattress is the eco-friendly choice with its waterproof flocked and downy top, users do not have to worry about the unwanted sliding that is experienced in many inflatable beds.
The beauty of air mattresses is the ease by which it can be set up. It only takes 3 to 5 minutes to fully inflate one with its built-in pump. Deflating is just as easy, once done the mattress can be folded and tucked away in a bag, stored out of sight until its next use. Other than using as a permanent mattress, the JOOFO can be taken along as a spare when traveling or to make the next camping trip extra luxe.
The brand further boasts of round the clock customer support and severe center. Should there be any concerns with the product, consumers are given 30 days for a full refund and 3 year warranty.
- Easy to set up
- Comes with a built in pump
- Pump is not auto vault and will work only for 110 volts
Soarz Queen Air Mattress
The best brands to buy are easily the ones that offer reliable after sales services and warranties. Given how the biggest problem about inflatable mattresses involves leaking, it is always beneficial when a company is able to provide you with assistance and as well as free replacements. This is exactly what Soarz does, backed by a 3 year warranty, the brand offers mattress replacements while letting you keep your original purchase.
Made of flocked smooth surfaces which provides a skin friendly experience and PVC fitted fabrics that result in a thicker and better welded seam. Sleep like a baby with the added comfort from 40 internal coil beams for that luxurious rest. What’s more, the Soarz coil technology also ensures that even with 650lbs of weight, this air mattress retains its firmness and will be free from sagging.
With its 18 inch height from the ground, this air mattress easily competes with traditional beds. Avoid those single height air beds that bring users too close to cold floors. The integrated easy to use electric pump gets the mattress to your ideal firmness in under 4 minutes.
- Folds neatly
- Easy to clean
- Mattress material is not ecological
Intex Cozy Kidz
- Waterproof flocked top
- Assorted bright fun colors
- Soft flocking for extra comfort
- 34 1/2" x 62" x 7" (88cm x 157cm x 18cm)
No matter if you have to organize a slumber party or are willing to go on a vacation with your little ones, this is the right product that could easily help you out. These are the best air mattress made for the kids. These surely are light in weight and can be carried anywhere due to its highly portable nature. It surely is easily able to accommodate all the kids younger than ten years of age. The air mattresses come along with a comfortable pillow too and are meant to offer the kids with a comfortable sleep.
- The mattress surely is affordable and reasonable.
- The quality of this very product surely is up to the mark.
- It comes in a huge variety of bright colours.
- It will take a little longer to inflate and gain the shape it is meant to be in.
- It can only be useful for the kids under ten years of age.
Therm-A-Rest NeoAir Trekker
- Four-season inflatable sleeping pad for backpacking and camping offers maximum warmth for...
- Reflective ThermaCapture technology traps radiant heat while Triangular Core Matrix...
- Tapered design reduces weight without compromising warmth; textured, no-slip fabric...
- The 2.5-inch thick mattress inflates in less than two minutes by blowing into valve, and...
This sleeping accommodation is easy to be carried anywhere with you and surely is one of the best products that you can invest your money in. This product basically is designed for the excursions, camps, trekings as well as the hikings. This one is a blessing for all the outdoor enthusiasts and can be one of your bring along a companion to any of the trips. This model is known to be stable and to provide extraordinary and amazing services for the users.
- The sleeping air mattress is available in three different sizes. You can choose any of the six that fits your needs.
- It is extremely easy to be carried anywhere and is light in weight as well.
- It is specially designed to retain the heat and keep you safe from the cold weather.
- The size can be an issue as it cannot be fit for any broad person to sleep on.
- The inflation process of this air mattress is quite lengthy.
Lazery Sleep Electric
- ✅HEAVY-DUTY AIR BED - Double Height Inflatable Mattress Provides the Comfort & Support...
- ★ BUILT IN ELECTRIC PUMP – Internal Inflator With LED Remote Fills Mattress in 4...
- ★ 100% 1-YEAR SATISFACTION WARRANTY – Dual Chamber Design, 40 Air Coils, Gripped...
- ★ 7 REMOTE SETTINGS – Electric Control Lets You Choose Your Ideal Firmness Ranging...
The Lazery sleep electric comes with an equipped electric pump. This advanced pumping system is inbuilt in the mattress and allows the best air mattress to rise approximately nineteen inches above the ground. This surely provides a deeper slumber to anyone who is sitting on this mattress and is extremely comfortable as well. The mattress comes along with remote control, and you can easily make the adjustments accordingly without actually having to get out of the bed.
- The motor used in this mattress runs quietly without making any kind of noise.
- The weight capacity is around five hundred pounds.
- It comes along with seven different firmness settings, and you can easily choose the appropriate one among them.
- One of the major drawbacks of this air mattress is that it is not that easier to store.
- You cannot carry it around while your excursions or any of the outdoor activities.
King Koil Luxury
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY PROVIDED BY THE MANUFACTURER INCLUDED IN YOUR PURCHASE! - KING KOIL...
- EXTRA THICK WATERPROOF COMFORT QUILT TOP with Extra Spinal Support - Firm Mattress...
- TWIN SIZED with Coil-Beam Construction and a BUILT-IN 120V / 210W AC Pump - Inflated...
- EASY TO USE plug in internal pump allows fast & easy inflation / deflation. The King Koil...
This air mattress is known to utilize an amazing and innovative system for providing you with the best possible services. This mattress is known to have the appropriate blend of both the comfort as well as the firmness that is one of the essential elements in the promotion of quality sleep. The mattress also accommodates a high-speed pump that is used for easy inflation of the mattress. It also comes with onboard power cord storage; this makes it easier to store the cord as well.
- The non-slip grip on the bottom of the mattress is surely reliable and will help in keeping the mattress stable.
- The air mattress comes either as a queen or a twin.
- The product also has to offer a year-long warranty for the users.
- This surely is not suitable to be taken out and is good to be used only at your home.
- CUSTOMER FRIENDLY 1-YEAR WARRANTY comes standard on all SoundAsleep mattresses. Rest...
- INDUSTRY LEADING DESIGN exclusively using ComfortCoil Technology and a SureGrip bottom to...
- PATENTED 1-CLICK INTERNAL PUMP ensures quick and easy inflation and deflation. Designed...
- PREMIUM “DOUBLE-HEIGHT” RAISED AIR BED with dual chamber construction. With inflated...
This is the best air mattress for a reason. This air mattress is extremely easy to be used and also is meant to provide comfort for the users. You can easily inflate this air mattress in a simple click. It makes sure that you need not put extra efforts for the air mattress and just enjoy it easily. It is meant to offer you the kind of relaxation that you were looking for. The air mattress also comes with an additional carrying bag which makes it extremely easier to be transported from one place to another one.
- The air mattress is dependably resistant to all the possible punctures.
- It has the built-in power cord storage so that the cord is not lost somewhere.
- The top of this air mattress is thick and waterproof as well.
- There are no such known drawbacks or cons of this mattress, and it is known to offer the best services to the users.
How To Choose The a Air Mattress?
Now that you have a clear idea of some potential choices for the best cheap air mattress brands, there are certain specifications to pay close attention to before clicking “add to cart.” It may be tempting to simply checkout the first one that catches your fancy, however, this could prove problematic when the item ends up ticking all the wrong boxes on your list.
Spending some time assessing and comparing product attributes could narrow down your selection until you find an air mattress that works best for you. Here are a few things to put into consideration when looking to buy your inflatable bed.
What is the ideal size for an air mattress?
Just like the average mattress we are so used to, air mattresses follows the same rules when it comes to sizing. The most significant difference between the traditional bed and the air mattress is the ease by which a user can control the firmness level by simply inflating or deflating it a little. That said, the size of the mattress should depend on the space it will be used in, as well as the budget.
How long can you use an air mattress?
Even though brands will proclaim that their bed can be used both long term and for emergency applications, this is actually not always the case. Upon selecting a brand or brands, spend time comparing every specification. Read reviews from customers who have purchased the product to find out if the one you are eying will fit your needs. Not all mattresses are created equally so take your time deciding.
What’s inflation and deflation going to be like?
We all know that older models required a lot of manual or additional equipment to set up. Thankfully manufacturers have now included mattresses with integrated pumps. This is all great if you have access to an electrical outlet. What if you don’t? Knowing if the model affords consumers with an alternative means to aerate it or will it be require a lot of lung power?
What is the ideal height for an air mattress?
Consider the height carefully. It may not be instantly obvious but the rise of the mattress from the ground is quite vital. Imagine an 8 inch mattress on the floor, now imagine if getting in or out of bed will be easy on the back and the knees? More often than not, it is ideal to select an air mattress that is at least 3 times higher than the standard eight inches. Countless air mattress reviews will attest that a good 18 inch height is the most ideal for maximum comfort especially for adults.
How can I know about the quality of the air mattress?
Air distribution is a good indication of the bed’s quality. Bubbles or the formation of lumpy spots on an air mattress indicates a poorly made bed. Search for an inflatable bed designed to have an internal network of chambers or coils. Just like linen, a good coil count is necessary. Studies indicate that a 30 and above coil number is the most comfy when it comes to queen sized beds.
Do mattress cover warranties?
An obvious factor when purchasing goods, warranties are actually often overlooked. Due to the materials used in creating an air mattress as well as its common tendency to leak, buying an air bed with a substantial warranty is therefore a must. Aside from covering common repair or replacement issues, it should also cover a guarantee for the bed pump for 24 months at the very least.
Since the majority of consumers will purchase the best queen air mattress as a backup option for those sudden sleepovers or for out of town trips, it’s only important to look into a brand that ensures a small footprint whenever deflated. This is especially essential when storage is very minimal. Furthermore, compact and lightweight models allow for ease in transporting and packing.
Finding an air mattress will take a bit of research as well as some ounce of patience. The product isn’t 100% without fault. Regardless of the brand, there will be the occasional leak, particularly with goods that come off the assembly line and is mass-produced. The important thing is to have a brand that is willing to provide after-sales customer support — obviously, a matching warranty is also a top priority!
There is also no doubt that there are countless benefits of having and using an air mattress. Constantly updating technology also results in products that evolve with the addition of new materials and improved processes. Thus, it would be inefficient to compare an old model with a newer one. That said, an air bed for camping purposes may not be ideal for long term usage in the bedroom. Also, a bedroom model might be heftier in weight consequently making it least ideal to take along on trips. The best mattress will ultimately depend on every person’s specific needs.
Last update on 2020-06-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API