Last Updated on
There’s nothing like the great outdoors to get you in a relaxed state of mind. For many people, the best way to unplug is to go camping. Those who are new to roughing, it may not find a sleeping bag an ideal choice for a night of slumber over hard ground. The good news, air mattresses now exist and have replaced sleeping bags and cots in campgrounds. With so many options in the market, the question in most people’s minds is how does one go about finding the best air mattress for camping? An in depth look at the popular brands is a good place to start.
Top 6 Air Mattresses For Camping
Etekcity Camping Air Mattress
- Design in California: For any questions on your product, call, email, or live chat our...
- Fourth-generation technology: The mattress’ inner construction is built with the latest...
- Safe materials: materials pass Official US CA prop 65 tests on lead, cadmium, and...
- Quality assured: 20% thicker PVC and flocked top than traditional air bed surfaces, This...
This fourth gen mattress technology boats of a build that’s composed of an inner construction of the latest coil beam tech. This weave structure offers the most support compared to others in the market. Etekcity boasts of a strong mattress that can support a max weight of 650lbs. Made with materials that passed the US CA Prop 65 test, the Etekcity is non toxic, is free from lead, phthalates, and cadmium.
With a top layer that is flocked, the mattress is also waterproof and is puncture resistant. Unlike the traditional air mattress, this model has PVC cover that is 20% thicker than the rest. Able to keep its form and level of firmness, the Etekcity queen size measures 80 x 60 x 9 inches when inflated, deflated however it’s 13 x7 x 15 inches. A multi-use valve has an inner portion that permits for quick inflation, the other valve, the outer one is for filling up the mattress in smaller increments.
- 90 seconds to inflate
- Rechargeable pump
- Comes with storage bag
- Only 1 year warranty
OlarHike Queen Air Mattress
- STANDARD QUEEN SIZE - Low cost replacement for your expensive traditional mattress, the...
- BUILT-IN PUMP FOR AUTOMATIC SETUP - Plug in the built-in pump to automatically inflate the...
- HIGH QUALITY & WELL-MADE - Upgraded welding seams and thicker fabric layer ensure a...
- COMFORTABLE SLEEPING SUPPORT - The flocked top and velvety fabric surface delivers a nice...
Loved for its 2 year warranty and refund option, OlarHike is easily the best air mattress for camping that is being sold to consumers or at least one of the best. Any reports of leaking are immediately replaced free of charge and without having to return the damaged item. With its built in pump, inflating the mattress is done automatically. Adjusting the firmness of the bed is a quick and simple process that is as well pretty noise free. Valve knobs can be turned to either inflate or deflate air from the inflatable.
Made of high quality welded seems and a flocked top, the OlarHike is made of an eco friendly and skid free material. Thicker layers and a comfortable and stable support is made possible by an air beam inner coil construction. Easy cleanup is made possible by a flocked and velvety surface which can be wiped down with a damp cloth after every use.
- Environmentally friendly fabrics
- 24 month warranty
- Quick clean up
- Pump is not wireless or rechargeable
Lunvon Queen Size Self Inflatable Pad Camping Air Mattress
- COMFORT FOR CAMPING OR HOME USE: This air bed has been designed especially for camping use...
- QUICK INFLATION & DEFLATION: The air mattress queen include an electric air pump for a...
- High Quality Material and Easy to Clean: Lunvon air bed use waterproof flocked material on...
- Great Size with Big Comfort: The dimension of this air mattress is 205 x 157 x 25 cm (81 x...
Advertised heavily for camping use and some home use as well, the Lunvon air bed uses a unique internal construction and PVC material that’s nontoxic and thick. The combination of attributes makes the bed extra heavy duty, in other words perfect for use even on rough flooring. Built in pillow design affords users with a relaxing rest and deeper sleep experience.
Inflates fully in 3 minutes and deflates in 3 and a half minutes, this best camping air mattress is sold with an electric air pump. Not only will the materials for its construction hold up in shape and form, its flocked material is waterproof and very effortless to tidy up. Big enough to fit 3 to 4 kids or 2 adults, this queen sized bed folds up neatly, can be rolled, stored, and transported without breaking a sweat.
- Has a comfortable height of over 8 inches
- Designed specifically with camping in mind
- Heavy duty
- Pump is not built in
EnerPlex Never-Leak Luxury Queen Air Mattress
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY - ENERPLEX IS THE BEST CAMPING AND HOME USE AIR MATTRESS ON THE MARKET,...
- NOT SOLD YET? CUSTOM COIL-BEAM TECHNOLOGY OFFERS EXTREME COMFORT: Our Queen Air Mattress...
- GUEST & CAMPERS DREAM, PORTABLE & COMPACT AIR MATTRESS QUEEN SIZE: Unlike other large...
- SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR CHEAP AIR MATTRESS, WE OFFER LEAK-FREE TECHNOLOGY: Not only can you...
When it comes to finding a air mattress for camping, a product’s warranty is always crucial. EnerPlex offers a two year warranty, one of the best warranties in the market. A never leaking technology and waterproof innovation, this air bed offers a pump technology that is wireless. A first in its market, the EnerPlex was designed to be taken along anywhere. Gone are the days of having to plug it into an electrical outlet all because this model comes with very own wireless pump to fill up the bed anytime and anywhere.
This portable air mattress is compact and spacious for a queen sized bed. Made with recyclable components, this non bulky alternative mimics the experience of the traditional mattress. The 9 inch profile is not just space saving, it’s the perfect height for adults, seniors, and children without compromising safety or losing out on quality sleep.
- Inflates fully in under a minute
- Leak free technology
- Wireless air pump
- Money back guarantee is only for 30 days
AirExpect Twin Camping Leak Proof Inflatable Air Mattress
- 【DAMPPROOF, PRESERVE WARMTH & SPACE - SAVING】The inflatable mattress can insulate you...
- 【SUPER DURABLE, PUNCTURE - RESISTANT & WATERPRROF】Our camping mattress is born for...
- 【WIRELESS RECHARGEABLE PUMP & QUICK INFLATION】Quickly inflates/deflates car mattress...
- 【LEAKPROOF, EASY SETUP & PORTABLE DESIGN】 Prevent leakage with a solid airtight seal...
Topped with a non toxic flocking made of PVC, the model provides an extra layer of warmth against the cold outdoor ground. Raised a little under 10 inches above the ground, the bed keeps users away from wet flooring without hindering support or comfort. Built to be space saving, its size still leaves ample floorspace inside the tent. The bed’s max capacity of 600lbs ensures a tough, strong air mattress.
Water resistant, puncture proof, and extra durable due to its 0.45mm thick PVC cover is designed to be highly effective in preventing leaks. An innovative 32 internal air coil technology (Duracoil System) imparts correct sleep posture support. Combine with the integrated pillow, the bed’s coil tech keeps the spine aligned.
- Puncture proof
- Wireless + rechargeable pump
- 24 month warranty
- Camping model is only available in twin size
Soarz Queen Air Mattress
- 【FULL 100% 3-YEAR WARRANTY】 Applicable for all Soarz air mattresses. Comes with...
- 【WE DON’T SKIMP ON MATERIALS】 Made from skin-friendly soft flocked top that creates...
- 【MAKE YOU SLEEP LIKE A BABY】 Designed with 14% more coil beams for better weight...
- 【QUICK & EASY INFLATION / DEFLATION】 With upgraded built-in electric pump, it quickly...
Available in queen or twin size, the Soarz air mattress boasts of an after sales support that is set for life. The company offers free replacements for any issues relating to the item or its quality. Made with velvety soft materials that are perfect for those with sensitive skin, its extra thick PVC flocked surface is welded to create seems that are strong and well fitted to produce an airtight mattress. Known for keeping its firmness and shape for up to 48hrs, the Soarz inflatable bed is the best air mattress for car camping, outdoor lounging, or as a replacement for your traditional bed.
Inflation and deflation is completed in under 5 minutes through its built in electric pump. Simply plug it into an electrical outlet and let it do its job. Able to support up to 650lbs without sagging, the Soarz air mattress stores away conveniently in its accompanying storage bag.
- 18 inch height – a lot higher than the competition
- 3 year warranty
- Bed height results to a longer inflation and deflation rate
How To Choose the a Air Mattress For Camping
For selecting the best air mattress for camping, you need to know your requirements first and for that, you need to consider the factors below that will make your process easier.
Just like a standard mattress, deciding on how many people will be sleeping on it will in turn determine the size of the bed that should be purchased. More often than not, most campers prefer having their own sleeping bag or cot thus a size that fits a single individual is often selected. Nowadays, campers have the option to use inflatable beds, along with that is the availability of various air bed sizes to choose from.
Older air mattress models and a few current ones come with an external air pumping device. For the most part, the majority of beds now come with its own built in pump which ensures that the bed’s firmness is kept in order. Additionally, with the pump incorporated into the mattress, bringing it along for trips or camping has made it so much more convenient. There are even makers that have been rolling out rechargeable and wireless pump innovations.
Air mattresses are made of PVC. What started out like your average pool floatation device has been improved exponentially. Cheaper products are often without a soft flocking layer so it would be good to look into surface finishing that is not only smooth on the skin but reduces the possibility of slipping and sliding on the bed. Brands also come up with smart ideas such as eco-friendly materials, waterproofing, and even puncture resistance, all worth looking into before making a purchase.
Every brand will offer their own warranty. At the very least, consumers can expect a 12 month period from a manufacturer. Fortunately, there are many labels that give longer warranties. Some consumers will be able to buy the best queen air mattress for camping with a 3yr warranty. Another worthwhile aspect to look into is extended warranty programs that some air mattress makers present to their loyal customers.
There is no argument that the overall beauty of the air mattress rests on its general convenience. Whether it be for camping use or as a spare to keep for emergency sleepovers, having one on hand definitely has a lot of benefits. More so for individuals who enjoy camping activities but are uncomfortable with bedding alternatives that do not provide any protection against the cold ground or have zero support when laid on. Armed with ample information and a comparison of each potential model, a consumer will have no difficulty in finding the best air mattress for camping.
Last update on 2020-01-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API