Last Updated on
Micellar water is undoubtedly the most potent makeup remover that is available today. If you are not that familiar with what it actually does, that would be understandable; after all, this cleansing technology is relatively recent. In this article, we will explain everything that you need to know about these products and we will help you pick the best micellar water for the money.
What you should keep in mind when you are looking for the best micellar water
As it is the case with most types of facial cleansers, you don’t have to concern yourself with a lot of factors when you are trying to find the ideal micellar water. Below is a brief overview of what you should focus on.
The type of skin
One of the many good aspects of micellar water cleansers is the ability to accommodate a wide range of skin types. With that being said, there are still some products that should be avoided by certain individuals. For example, people with oily skin should stay clear of any product that contains a high concentration of hydrating properties.
Lack of harsh chemicals
High-quality cleansers should not contain any harsh chemicals that can potentially trigger rashes or allergies. As a matter of fact, their inclusion would defy the very essence of cleansing. Always check the list of ingredients to make sure that everything is organic.
Some cleansers are enriched by several nutrients that improve the texture of the skin and give it a long-lasting glow. Vitamins C and B3 are particularly effective when it comes to improving the overall health of the skin and preventing a host of skin issues and diseases. Other great nutrients that are sometimes found in micellar water include calcium, potassium, zinc, and manganese.
It is important to note that a number of micellar water cleansers have a strong unpleasant scent. Whether or not this is a deal breaker is entirely predicated on your own tolerance levels. For obvious reasons, manufacturers don’t divulge the fact that their product emits such smells, so you are going to have to rely on customer reviews to get an accurate idea of what to expect.
The application process
The application requirements differ from product to product. Some cleansers require cotton pads in order to successfully remove the makeup whereas others don’t. It is also worth noting that rinsing is not even necessary with some products. Before making a purchase decision, check the application process first to avoid any surprises.
Top 5 best micellar water in 2020
1 – Garnier SkinActive Micellar Foaming Face Wash, 6.7 fl. oz
- An oil-free, fragrance-free, paraben-free micellar foaming face wash that gently cleanses...
- This micellar foaming gel face wash gently foams to remove face and eye makeup and leaves...
- A micellar foaming cleanser that is powerful, yet gentle on skin and Garnier micelle...
- This foaming face wash is suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin and rinses...
This micellar wash from Garnier has all the characteristics of a premium skin care product. It is formulated using a host of high-quality organic ingredients and contains no oils or parabens. Moreover, it is extremely effective when it comes to cleansing the skin and removing any makeup products regardless of the thickness of its texture. Another great thing about this face wash is the fact that it is equally effective for all types of skin.
Besides cleansing the surface of your skin and effectively removing makeup, the Garnier Micellar water provides several long-lasting effects, namely a feeling of refreshment and radiance that last for hours after the application of the wash.
- The formula does not contain any harsh chemicals
- The wash is ideal for all types of skin
- It is very easy to apply
- It removes waterproof and long wear makeup with relative ease
- It gives the skin a long-lasting feeling of refreshment
- The scent of this face wash might be unpleasant to some people
- It can irritate your eyes if you are not careful enough
2 – L’Oréal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water Complete Cleanser, 13.5 fl. oz
- L’Oreal Paris Micellar Cleansing Water is a waterproof makeup remover and complete...
- Micellar Cleansing Water removes and lifts away makeup and dirt - even waterproof mascara...
- How does it work - Micellar Cleansing Water is powered by tiny micelle molecules in water...
- Micellar Cleansing Water is suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin and is...
L’Oréal is a name that needs no introduction in the world of beauty and skin care products. This fine Micellar cleansing water is another example of the company’s commitment to the highest standards of quality. The secret to this cleanser’s effectiveness lies in its unique formula. It is powered by a number of small micelle molecules that target layers of makeup as well as blemishes without irritating your skin. This allows the product to remove waterproof and long wear makeup upon first application.
Like most products in this list, the cleanser is ideal for all types of skin and contains no harsh chemicals that can trigger allergic reactions or rashes. Even users with extremely sensitive skin have reported experiencing no issues with the L’Oréal Micellar cleansing water.
- It can effectively tackle long wear and waterproof makeup
- It is ideal for people with sensitive skin
- The formula employs micelle molecules for more effective cleansing
- It hydrates the surface of the skin
- It contains no alcohol or oils
- It is not that effective as a lipstick remover
- It might require several applications to remove mascara
3 – Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water Cleansing and Make-Up Removing Solution
- Specially formulated for the sensitive normal to dry skins, Bioderma Crealine H2O Micelle...
- Gently removes impurities while also nourishing the skin
- Perfect for all skin types, even the most sensitive ones
- the skin feeling healthy and smooth.
This is one of the top-selling cleansers on the market right now. Users seem to appreciate its swift makeup removal abilities, and our experience with this product has been similar. The formula that powers the Bioderma relies exclusively on a slew of organic ingredients and contains no alcohol or harsh chemicals. People with sensitive skin or allergies can use it without worrying that it might exasperate their conditions.
The use of endogenously produced ingredients in the formula has other benefits that extend beyond removing makeup. On top of accommodating sensitive skin, it also adds a glow to the face and nourishes the surface of the skin by reintroducing elements that are essential to its long-term health.
- It removes makeup without leaving any residue on the skin
- It feels light and refreshing
- The organic formula has long-term benefits for your skin
- It does not cause any irritations
- The scent is quite subtle
- It is relatively pricier than other options in this list
- It requires the use of cotton pads
4 – Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Water, Micellar, 6.7 oz
Effective and straight to the point is the best way to describe the Simple Micellar cleansing water. This cleanser is remarkably adept at tackling a wide range of makeup products, including long wear and waterproof ones. It is also just as effective when dealing with clogged pored and skin blemishes. The organic formula boosts the skin hydration by up to 90% and the lack of harsh chemicals and artificial perfume makes it a decent option for those who are prone to allergies and rashes.
In addition to the aforementioned qualities, this cleanser is also infused with vitamins B3 and C. Beyond nourishing the skin, there are several studies that link these vitamins with skin cancer prevention.
- The organic formula of the cleanser is infused with vitamins
- It boosts hydration by 90% and clears clogged up pores
- it perfectly accommodates sensitive skin
- The application process is quick and simple
- It lasts very long even with daily use
- The scent is a little bit unpleasant
- This cleanser cannot be used in the area around the eyes
5 – Vichy Pureté Thermale One Step Micellar Cleansing Water
- Ultra-gentle, refreshing cleansing solution to purify skin, remove make-up and soothe...
- With unique micellar technology to effectively remove impurities
- Calm, sooths, and hydrates the skin
- Alcohol-free; Soap-free; Colorant-free; Skin ph. Non-comedogenic
This premium Micellar water from Vichy employs an innovative formula that is enriched with soothing cornflower extract and hydrating Pro-Vitamin B5. The result is a comprehensive removal of all makeup products as well as the eradication of every small blemish from the surface of the skin. Even more impressive is the fact that the cleanser achieves these results without causing any type of irritation. This is due to the complete absence of harsh additives, soap, and alcohol from the list of ingredients that make up the cleansing water.
Considering the relatively low price, the value that you are getting out of this product is virtually peerless. For the price of one unit, you are getting an organic skin cleanser, a potent makeup remover, and a facial toner that is ideal for all types of skin.
- This cleanser is enriched with cornflower extra and vitamin B5
- The quality to price ratio is amazing
- The formula is entirely organic
- It is effective when it comes to eliminating blemishes
- This product was Tested under dermatological and ophthalmological control
- The scent is too strong
- It can cause some irritation if it gets into the eyes
While there is very little that separates the products that we reviewed above in term of effectiveness, each one of them has a unique characteristic that differentiates it from the rest of the pack. It is up to you to pick the one that you like the most based on your preferences and intended use.
Last update on 2020-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API