Last Updated on
Removing makeup is not always as easy as it seems. Even after using a cleanser, there are enough instances when a significant amount of residue, dirt, and thin layers of makeup are left on the face. This is why getting the best makeup remover wipes is absolutely necessary.
Identifying the characteristics of the best makeup remover wipes
For makeup remover wipes to be effective, they have to meet certain quality standards. Here is a brief overview of the main ones.
The wipes need to come pre-moistened. This will allow them to deep clean the skin and remove makeup in an effective fashion.
The formula that powers the wipes should be entirely organic. Use of harsh and artificial chemicals can irritate the skin and exasperate certain skin conditions such as acne and allergies.
Some wipes come with a strong scent than prove unbearable for some people. If you want to avoid these products, check customer feedback to get an accurate idea about the fragrance of the wipes.
Makeup remover wipes are fairly affordable. You can expect to get a good set for around $15. Some decent options can even be priced as low as $5.
Reviews of the best makeup remover wipes in 2020
1 – Neutrogena Hydrating Makeup Remover Facial Cleansing Wipes
- 25 count of hydrating makeup removing cleansing facial wipes to remove all traces of dirt,...
- Makeup wipes package are travel size and re-closeable, making them convenient for on the...
- Formulated with patented technology to cleanses and effectively dissolves the most...
- Ultra-soft dermatologist-tested facial cleansing wipes not only cleans but conditions and...
These wipes from Neutrogena are some of the best that we have ever reviewed. Their silky-smooth texture allows them to soak in makeup products in an effective and smooth manner. Their soft composition feels extremely gentle when it comes into contact with your skin and the refreshing scent at emanates from them has an undeniable soothing effect. More importantly, the company’s own patented technology gives these wipes the ability to tackle some of the most stubborn types of makeup, including thick and waterproof mascara. Furthermore, they boast a number of hydrating properties and are a convenient way to moisturize the skin while removing the makeup.
- The wipes are extremely soft
- They moisturize the skin
- The aroma is refreshing
- They can effectively remove waterproof mascara
- They can irritate the eyes
- The moisture levels are not consistent across all wipes
2 – Aveeno Ultra-Calming Cleansing Oil-Free Makeup Removing Wipes for Sensitive Skin
Every single aspect of these wipes is geared toward accommodating sensitive skin. The texture is soft enough to not cause any irritations when the wipes are pulling against the skin and the non-comedogenic and oil-free formula is enriched with feverfew extra, an ingredient that is often hailed as one of the most potent organic elements for sensitive skin. These wipes manage the difficult task of effectively removing all types of makeup without causing any issues for the vulnerable skin.
- The smell is decent
- They are ideal for sensitive skin
- They remove mascara with ease
- The packaging is great
- A slight residue is left on the skin
- They’re a little bit too oily
3 – Cetaphil Gentle Makeup Removing Wipes, 25 Count
- Effectively lifts off makeup, dirt and oil
- Formulated with Aloe Vera, Chamomile and Green Tea
- Leaves skin smooth and fresh during after use
- Dermatologist Tested, Ophthalmologist Tested
The third option in our list is mainly destined for people who suffer from recurrent acne problems. The wipes are quite thick and boast a decent level of moisture, which adds to their overall effectiveness and ability to remove long-wearing layers of makeup with relative ease. The formula that powers these wipes rely on a potent combo of aloe vera, chamomile, and green tea. This contributes to giving the face a feeling of refreshment that lasts hours after you have removed the makeup.
- Great quality to price ratio
- The organic formula gives you a long-lasting feeling of refreshment
- They are ideal for acne-prone skin
- They are Dermatologist Tested
- They tend to irritate the eyes
- It can take up to four wipes to remove mascara
4 – Clean & Clear Oil-Free Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes
- 25-count of Clean & Clear Oil-Free Makeup Dissolving Facial Cleansing Wipes to easily...
- These disposable face wipes gently cleanse skin without leaving behind any oily residue...
- Incredibly convenient and easy-to-use, these makeup remover wipes refresh skin in one...
- These pre-moistened facial cleansing wipes clean deep down to the pores resulting in skin...
These wipes are fairly straightforward and feature all the baseline characteristics that are required for removing all types of makeup, including mascara and eyeliner. They boast a neutral yet very effective formula that contains no harsh chemicals, making them ideal for a wide range of skin types. Furthermore, they come pre-moistened which allows them to clear clogged up pores and hydrate the surface of the skin in a quick and convenient manner. These wipes are also allergy and ophthalmologist-tested and are one of the few options that cause no irritation when they come into contact with the eyes.
- The wipes are allergy tested
- They are effective in hydrating the skin
- The price is great
- They don’t irritate the eyes
- Their fragrance is relatively strong
- The packaging could use some improvement
5 – Biore Daily Deep Pore Cleansing Cloths
- No Oily Residue & Hypoallergenic
- Alcohol-Free, Non-Comedogenic
- Exfoliates Skin In One Wipe
- Pre-Moistened Wipes
These wipes have a lot going for them with regard to removing makeup and leaving your skin feeling refreshed. They are hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, and devoid of any harsh chemicals that might cause irritations. Their strong formula coupled with their high level of moisture allows them to deep clean your pores and remove long-wearing makeup with only one wipe. The positive effect that they leave on the skin is remarkably long-lasting and can still be felt the next day.
- No harsh chemicals were included in the formula
- The wipes feel very soft to the touch
- They come with a high level of moisture
- They are ideal for oily skin
- They are relatively expensive
- They leave a subtle residue
Makeup remover wipes are an essential component of your makeup kit. Their ability to effectively cleanse your skin and leave you feeling refreshed at the time is simply invaluable. Take your time to read the reviews above and make your decision based on which option is tailored to your needs.
Last update on 2020-02-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API