Last Updated on
Having dry skin presents a number of inconveniences when you are trying to pick a skincare product. Unlike people with regular skin, you can’t just pick any option off the shelf and expect to get adequate results. This is even more so the case when you are trying to find decent foundation makeup. To help you navigate this process, we have crafted a comprehensive guide to finding the best foundation for dry skin.
The factors that you need to be aware of when picking a foundation for dry skin
As it is the case with any type of skincare product, it is essential that you take the time to understand all the moving parts and variables that are relevant to determining the quality of a foundation. More importantly, you need to make sure that the product is ideal for your type of skin and that it does not contain any chemical components that could trigger irritations or strong allergic reactions. Below is a detailed look at the main factors that you should focus on when looking for the best foundation for dry skin.
One of the first things that you should keep in mind is the fact that foundations are not exactly the most expensive skincare products on the market. Their typical price range is usually below the $25 mark. However, the market is filled with subpar products that rely on brand recognition in order to charge high markups. Make sure to avoid anything that appears unreasonably priced relative to similar options.
The weight of the foundation
This factor might not seem that important upon first glance, but in reality, it is extremely crucial to the overall effectiveness and consistency of the product. A lightweight foundation feels much more refreshing since it does not constrain your face and it is also more effective due to the fact that it embeds itself to the skin in an effortless manner. Unlike thicker and heavier options, a light foundation can produce impressive results without requiring the use of excessive amounts of the product.
For a foundation to be effective on dry skin, it needs to be formulated using various hydrating components. This includes organic acids that contribute to moisturizing the skin and giving the shiny glow that you would like to have. A prime example of this is hyaluronic acid, an element that is found naturally in the skin and whose main purpose is to replenish it and bind moisture to its surface. Since this acid is an endogenous component, it causes no allergic reactions, rashes, or irritations.
Due to the wide range of differences in skin complexion, a great foundation should come with enough shade options to cover this variety. While the texture and color of the shades will differ from product to product, you need to opt for an option that comes with a minimum of 10 shades. In addition to this, people with very light or dark complexions need to make sure that the foundations can accommodate their skin tone without appearing too artificial.
Ease of application and removal
If you are planning to use the foundation on a daily basis, then its application and removal process needs to be convenient and fairly straightforward. Avoid any product that comes with an overly complicated set of instructions or requires extra tools in order to achieve perfect coverage. The ideal foundation for you should be easy to apply and its removal should require nothing more than regular rinsing with water.
As it is the case with any skincare product, a great foundation should only contain organic ingredients that are geared toward giving you a natural glow without causing any adverse side effects. Before buying a particular product, check the description to verify if all the ingredients are entirely organic. Avoid anything that has any sort of chemical additive that could trigger allergic reactions and skin irritation.
This is an essential factor that plays a significant role in determining the effectiveness of the product. The foundation needs to cover a decent area of the face and even out every blemish without suffocating it or becoming cakey after a few hours. To get a better idea of what to expect when it comes to coverage, go over some user reviews before buying your foundation.
If your skin complexion is very light, then it is imperative that you get a foundation that offers ample protection against the sun’s ultraviolet rays. This is especially required if you are planning to wear the foundation throughout the day.
This is a major sign of a good foundation. After application, it should be able to remain consistent for hours without requiring any intervention on your part. Subpar products tend to get cakey after a few hours, which will force you to wash off the foundation and reapply it again.
Combating aging and minimizing its visible effects on the skin is not the primary function of foundation makeup. With that being said, a number of high-end products contain several anti-aging properties that are extremely effective when it comes to eradicating wrinkles and giving the skin a smooth texture that lasts long after the foundation is washed away. However, these products tend to be on the expensive side, so expect to pay a little bit more for them.
Reviews of the best foundations for dry skin
1 – Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation For Normal/Dry Skin
- Our ColorStay Makeup liquid foundation for normal or dry skin gives you a natural finish,...
- This oil-free liquid foundation formula also helps protect your skin from UV rays with SPF...
- Wears for up to 24 hours so no matter what your day brings—that's why we call it...
- The pump foundation bottle makes application easy, whether you use a blending sponge,...
Revlon is a name that gets mentioned quite frequently when discussing foundation makeup, and for a good reason. This company has always made top quality products that are as affordable as they are effective. This particular foundation is specifically designed to accommodate dry skin. It gives it the shiny glow that it lacks without appearing too artificial and helps improve its texture and overall look.
The natural finish of this foundation is without a doubt its strongest suit. Not only is it able to fit any type of skin regardless of tone or complexion, but it is also formulated in an efficient manner that enables it to retain much of its resiliency for up to 24 hours after applying it. Furthermore, this foundation contributes to effectively moisturizing your skin without feeling too heavy, a quality that most entry-level products lack.
The shade variety that his product offers is another major selling point. Everything from extremely light to very dark shades is included, making it ideal for people on opposite sides of the spectrum with regard to skin complexion. Overall, this is a solid investment considering the low price and we can safely state that the results have exceeded our expectations.
- The foundation is very light and easy to apply
- It remains flawless for a long period of time
- It is suited for both dry and normal skin
- The price is very low
- It offers a wide variety of shades that cover every skin complexion
- It provides very good coverage compared to other entry-level options
- This foundation is not the best option for people with larger pores
- It tends to get messy at times since it does not come with a pump
2 – Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint
- 1.0 fluid ounce (30 mL) of liquid foundation for dry skin
- Liquid face makeup plumps skin and boosts hydration
- Refreshes thirsty skin for 24 hours
- Better for your skin than wearing no foundation at all
The second product in our list boasts all the hallmarks of a great foundation for dry skin. This liquid foundation is effective for both dry and normal skin and it offers a refreshing sensation that lasts for up to 24 hours. Besides its hydrating components, it is also adept at nourishing the skin and ridding it of the blemishes and wrinkles that are typically hard to remove with regular skin products. Moreover, it is available in 10 different shades that are specifically tailored to each skin complexion.
Like all great skin products, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost is entirely organic. It is formulated using hyaluronic acid, a completely natural hydrating element. Moreover, it is free of all types of oil and comedogenic elements that could have adverse effects on the skin.
As far as practicality and convenience are concerned, you will be glad to know that this foundation is easy to apply and remove. Unlike many other alternatives in its price range, the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Hydrating Tint does not have a propensity to settle into fine lines and embed itself too tightly into the pores, making the application and removal process extremely easy and effortless.
- This product is entirely organic and free of harmful components
- It is easy to apply and remove
- It contains a natural hydrating acid that gives your face a luminous glow
- It comes in 10 different shades for various skin complexions
- The foundation retains its texture and does not settle into fine lines
- It does not cause any irritation for people with sensitive skin
- The applicator that comes with the foundation is poorly designed
- The fragrance might be too strong and long-lasting for some people
3 – Bettern Organic Liquid Foundation Makeup
- ♥ MAKEUP THAT’S GOOD FOR YOUR SKIN: Have you been searching for a high quality makeup...
- ♥ BUILDABLE FORMULA: Whether you only need a little coverage or a lot, you control how...
- ♥ NATURAL SUN PROTECTION / DEWY LOOK: This healthy formula offers natural sun protection...
- ♥ MADE IN THE USA: Proudly made in the USA, keeping our jobs here and using high quality...
This is another foundation that is entirely made from organic ingredients. It is suited for most types of skins, with a special focus on dry and flaky skin. Moreover, it is fully vegan and cruelty-free, making it the ideal option for anyone who prioritizes environmental issues when looking for skincare products. More importantly, this foundation is highly effective when it comes to promoting a healthy skin texture and boosting the natural glow of the face without appearing too artificial or out of place. in stark contrast with a number of products that are destined for dry skin, this foundation does not get cakey and remain consistent throughout the day.
In addition to its moisturizing and illuminating properties, the Bettern liquid foundation also serves as natural sun protection that shields your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays. And unlike the vast majority of sunscreens, it achieves this without relying on strong artificial additives. In fact, the overall benefits that this product brings extend far beyond the aesthetic aspect. With frequent and continued use, the Bettern Organic will provide your skin with a number of essential nutrients that will help preserve it over the long haul.
- The product does not contain any harmful chemical components
- The glow that it provides looks healthy and natural
- This foundation also serves as an organic sun protection
- It does not tend to get cakey even hours after application
- It boasts a highly durable coverage that remains consistent throughout the day
- It is effective when it comes to eradicating wrinkles and blemishes
- The Bettern is more expensive than other options in the list
- You might need to apply it twice in order to get a good coverage
4 – BaeBlu Gluten-Free Aloe-Based Lux Liquid Foundation
- Made with certified ORGANIC and ALL NATURAL ingredients - ZERO artificial colors,...
- NO harsh chemicals, parabens or pore-clogging ingredients
- Advanced ANTI-AGING formula for healthy, youthful, flawless skin
- Goes on SMOOTH for balanced, non-greasy coverage
The light coverage of the BaeBlu Liquid Foundation is ideal for women who like subtle and unassuming makeup. This foundation is made with high-quality organic ingredients that ensure a radiant and completely natural glow. It does not contain any strong chemicals that could potentially harm your skin. Furthermore, this product features anti-aging properties that help eradicate wrinkles and improve the overall texture of the skin. The BaeBlu achieves this without causing any adverse side effects, rashes, or skin irritation. In fact, you will feel refreshed after a full day of wearing the foundation.
Unlike many other foundations s on the market, the BaeBlu boasts a tremendous scent that is as pleasant as it is subtle. The refreshing aroma coupled with the smell of vanilla results in a soothing scent that will not go unnoticed by the people around you.
Another great thing about this foundation is just how easy it is to apply. The liquid never gets cakey and it can remain consistent for long periods of time. The removal process is just as easy as the application; as all that is required to wash away the foundation is to gently rinse the face with water.
- The foundation is quite subtle and natural-looking
- It boasts a refreshing smell that lasts for hours
- It is easy to apply and remove
- The liquid foundation is light and has a good coverage
- It is free of any harmful chemical components
- Its water-based formula makes it the perfect option for people with dry skin
- The foundation needs to be applied multiple times before getting decent coverage
- It is relatively expensive compared to other similar products
5 – L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Up to 24HR Pro-Glow Foundation
- INFALLIBLE PRO GLOW FOUNDATION WITH SPF: Lightweight & creamy, this long lasting...
- INFALLIBLE FACE MAKEUP: Everything from the Infallible foundations, contour kits, &...
- The Foundation of Your Look: From BB Creams to Blush, L’Oréal Face Makeup Has...
- BECAUSE YOU'RE WORTH IT: L'Oréal Paris helps you create the look you want with our full...
L’Oreal is a name that needs no introduction to anyone with a baseline familiarity with skincare products. The company has been making high-quality products for decades and each one of their offerings comes with the assurance that it will be as effective as advertised. This pro-glow foundation is a prime example of L’Oreal’s dedication to promoting skin glow and health in a completely natural fashion. All the qualities that you would like to see are found here; a great price, ease of use, and multipurpose benefits just to name a few.
This foundation hydrates the skin and gives your face the natural and long-lasting glow that you are looking for. Moreover, it is remarkably lightweight, creamy, and has the capacity to remain consistent throughout the whole day. It comes in a wide array of shade that covers the full scope of skin complexion, making it suitable for people with dark skin and light skin alike.
Another great quality that this foundation boasts is its ability to act as effective and organic sun protection. The hydrating foundation with SPF can minimize the effects of ultraviolet rays, which helps keep your skin in a pristine condition even after prolonged exposure to the sun.
- It effectively moisturizes the skin without making it too oily
- The price of the foundation is affordable considering the brand
- It is perfect for both normal and dry skin
- It gives the skin a natural and long-lasting glow
- The foundation is very light and easy to apply
- It does not get cakey
- The shades are a little bit darker than advertised
- Some users have experienced some temporary discomfort f after removing the foundation
Picking a foundation can be quite confusing if you are not sure what to look for. But after reading this guide, we hope that everything has become clear. Each of the options that we reviewed here is specifically tailored to accommodate dry skin, so you can pick any of the foundations listed in the article safe in the knowledge that it is ideal for you. Go over the reviews multiple times to ensure that you are making an informed purchase decision.
Last update on 2020-07-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API