Last Updated on
Pacifiers come in all different shapes, sizes, and materials. You will have to be the one to pick the best pacifier for breastfed baby. The best pacifiers for breastfed babies will not be equal to pacifiers that older children use. Even if you find a pacifier that you like, your baby will be the one to make a choice at the end. There are numerous types of pacifiers to take into consideration, such as:
As we mentioned above, babies will be the one who decides to what pacifier they want to use. The right thing to do for you is to get a few different options, let your baby try different options and the little one will pick the one that he/she likes the most. Take into consideration your child’s age and choose the one that is the most appropriate. Once you decide what is the best pacifier for your breastfed babies, buy a couple of them. Pacifiers tend to disappear, and you will have a problem if you have a crying baby with nothing to calm it down.
Sometimes babies just don’t want to have a pacifier, they can’t get used to it, but don’t worry! Your baby will find a different way to self-calm. This will actually save you the trouble when the baby gets older and starts to get problematic if there is no pacifier around.
If you just go to your local store you will probably find 20 different type of pacifiers. This may be confusing for you if you don’t know which one you should pick to try out. We made a list and here our top 5 picks for best pacifiers for breastfed babies!
List of 5 Best Pacifier for Breastfed Baby
1. The First Years GUMDROP Pacifier
- GUMDROP PACIFIERS: These latex-free silicone pacifiers are trusted by hospitals worldwide
- UNIQUE CONTOUR SHAPE: Lightweight pacifiers are designed to fit baby's face without hiding...
- NEWBORN PACIFIERS: Available in bright colors and work with most pacifier attachers
- SUITABLE FOR: Ages 0-3 months
This is our number one pick for the best pacifier for breastfed babies, for a reason! These pacifiers are made from one piece, which means you won’t have to worry about any parts falling off. You can order two or five in a pack at a very affordable price. The pacifier is made of silicone and you don’t have to worry about any latex allergies. It is designed to have no contact with your baby’s nose so you don’t have to worry about breathing problems.
2. NUK Newborn Silicone Pacifiers
- 100% silicone one-piece construction
- NUK Orthodontic shape nipple soothes and calms baby better than our original nipple and...
- Scoop nipple cavity allows maximum tongue movement, which gently exercises your baby's...
- Heart shaped shield fits perfectly under baby’s nose for easy breathing and less...
At a very affordable price, these pacifiers can be ordered either if you have a boy or a girl, there are two options! These pacifiers are almost even with our number 1 pick, as this can also be the best pacifier for breastfed babies, it just depends on a taste. It is also constructed as one piece so no worries for missing parts. It is nipple shaped so your baby has a nice exercise for a jaw and tongue.
3. MAM Pacifiers
- SYMMETRICAL SHAPE – No “right side up” means that these fun pacifiers for babies are...
- SILICONE NIPPLE – The BPA-free silicone nipple is a signature MAM pacifier design, with...
- SELF STERILIZING CASE - Add water and pop into the microwave to sterilize MAM pacifiers in...
- COMFORTABLE SHIELD – These cute pacifiers for babies are fun and functional. The...
These pacifiers also come two in a pack. It is very small in size and it is very light which makes it easy to carry around. The nipple is made of silicone so it really feels like a mom’s nipple. The problem with these nipples is that water sometimes gets trapped inside when it is washed.
4. Philips AVENT Pacifiers
- The pacifier brand distributed in hospitals nationwide; Used by medical professionals to...
- Specifically designed for babies 3+ months
- Orthodontic; Respects the natural development of baby's teeth and gums
- Hospital grade silicone
These pacifiers come six in a pack and don’t think that this is too much, you can never be sure how many you need. It is a one-piece pacifier wide enough to prevent your baby from sucking it whole and choke on it. It is made of a silicone which gives it a nice touch. Some moms report that their babies tend to stick their fingers in this pacifiers.
5. Playtex Pacifiers
Playtex pacifiers are a little bit more expensive than our previous picks. They come two in a pack. They are very easy to clean and are BPE free. They are shaped like a mom’s nipple so it will sit perfectly in the mouth of your baby. It is reported that babies that like bigger nipples don’t actually like these pacifiers.
When you are looking for the best pacifier for breastfed babies, don’t just stick with a single one. Try different things, give your baby a few choices and see what is the best choice for both of you. We also recommend you reading about Bottles For Breastfeeding Babies.
Last update on 2020-04-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API