Last Updated on
Best RC Sailboat 2019 – Have fun in the water with RC Sailboats
When it comes to water bound hobbies, RC sailing sits near the top of the most enjoyable activities that you can engage in. Not only is it an immensely popular hobby, but more competitive aspects of it have become very common in recent years. To meet this increased demand for high-quality RC sailboats, many companies have produced units that are far superior to what we’ve seen in the past. In this article, we will give you an overview of how these devices work and we will review some of the best RC sailboat that is available on the market today.
The factors that you should keep in mind when looking for an RC sailboat
Before jumping to the best RC sailboats that are available on the market today, you first need to have a firm grasp of how these devices work. There are several variable and metrics that determine the quality of these boats, and having a basic understanding of the main ones is imperative if you want to make the right purchase decision.
The size of the sailboat
There is much debate about this factor in sailing circles. A number of people believe that large sailboats are vulnerable to damage due to their elongated structure. However, the other side of the argument states that bigger units tend to navigate better and are especially ideal for competitive racing. From our own experience, we have found long, lightweight sailboats to be the perfect option for smooth sails across any body of water.
The second factor that you should focus on is how the sailboat handles and navigates in the water. There are several moving parts involved here because a particular model might be able to navigate smoothly through a slow-moving river but encounter issues when treading through strong tides. The best way to go about assessing a sailboat’s navigation capabilities is to check the reviews left by customers who tried the product. This will surely give you a clear idea of how the sailboat operates.
The quality of the transmitter
The quality and responsiveness of the transmitter have a direct impact on how the sailboat operates. A good transmitter that operates on 2.4 GHz frequency can create powerful interference-resistant radio signals that are picked up by the sailboat’s receptors. This is what allows the unit to successfully sail across the water and provides the user with a long range of navigation. Conversely, weak or faulty transmitters will have low responsiveness with the receptors of the boat, which will result in poor control and bad navigation.
Frequently asked questions
1 – How are RC sailboats powered?
Most RC sailboats are powered by batteries, usually double-A.
2 – What is the different between a readymade RC sailboat and the one that I build myself?
There is really not that much of a difference between the two approaches. If you are a beginner, there is no reason why you should go through the relatively complicated process of assembling, a ready to run unit can be just as good.
3 – What is the level of experience that is required for operating RC sailboats?
Anyone can operate an RC sailboat. The controls are fairly straightforward and intuitive and you should be able to master them after a couple of days. With that said, competitive racing requires quite a bit of skill and it is not something that a complete beginner can pick up quickly.
Reviews of the best Remote Control Sailboat in 2019
1 – Golden Bright Full Function Radio Controlled Sailboat
- Motor Included for Additional Sailing fun
- Requires 1 9Volt and 4 AA Batteries, Batteries not included
- Adult Assembly Required
The first item in our list is easily one of the highest quality sailboats on the market. The Golden Bright comes with a comprehensive radio control set that enables you to control the device from up to 150 feet. In addition to this impressive range, this unit is capable of some impressive navigation feats and it can be easily oriented in any direction. Another great thing about this RC sailboat is the fact that it is easy to operate. Users of all ages, including young children, can enjoy it in the house pool or at a nearby lake.
- It easy to steer in a multitude of directions
- The assembly process is fairly intuitive
- It is easy to operate
- The design is beautiful and eye-catching
- The motor could use more power
- It is a little bit more expensive than it should be
2 – POCO DIVO
- Assemble required, Completed sailboat set, Intermediate Level Hobby Boat
- Wind power, Radio Controlled Sails, 650mm class designed for RG65 competition
- Perfect for pools, small ponds, rivers and lakes; Perfect size for transportation and fun
- Waterproof design for electric equipment, ABS molding which is durable and smooth
The first thing that jumps at you when looking at the POCO DIVO remote controlled sailing boat is just how sleek and elegant it looks. The tasteful combination of red, white and black creates a minimalist yet beautiful design that stands out from the rest of the pack. Aesthetics, however, aren’t this boat’s only strong suit. It is in fact remarkably durable and it is designed to last.
This RC sailboat is able to take part in several types of activities. The list includes casual sailing, competitive racing, or simple displays. This versatility is mostly owed to its lightweight construction and responsive design.
- The design is great
- It is remarkably versatile
- The frame of the boat is very durable
- Its lightweight construction makes it ideal for racing
- The process of assembling the boat is a little bit difficult and the instructions are not clear
- The rubber nose is poorly designed
3 – Kyosho Seawind
- Readyset racing sailboat with a 2.4Ghz R/C system at a value price
- Features extruded high strength aluminum mast and boom
- The main mast, keel, ballast and rudder can be detached without the use of any tools for...
- Features pre-cut and sewn spin cloth main and jib sails
People who enjoy competitive sailboat racing will surely appreciate this model. It is designed specifically for that purpose and it boasts all the features that you need if you want to get a competitive edge over your competitors. Its dimensions are immaculate and it operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency range.
This RC sailboat features a solid and balanced aluminum structure that is perfectly suited for racing. Furthermore, the ABS molded one-piece hull adds more stability and strength and gives it the durability that is required for competitive sailing.
- It has a high strength aluminum mast and boom
- This sailboat operates on the 2.4Ghz frequency
- It is the ideal option for racing
- ABS molded one-piece hull adds extra sturdiness to it
- The price is relatively excessive
- The RC sailboat is difficult to assemble
4 – Helion HLNB0100 Aura 650
Whether you are an aspiring hobbyist or a seasoned veteran, the Aura RTR is an amazing RC sailboat that is definitely worthy of your investment. This unit’s design is straight to the point and features a sturdy blow-molded ABS hull that gives it strength and balance. Moreover, the size of the Aura is within the optimal range for sailing on any body of water.
This sailboat comes in a comprehensive package that includes everything you need to get started right away. This includes a 2.4 GHz radio system, a sail winch servo, a set of batteries, and rip-stop nylon sails that contribute to boosting the performance and speed of the boat.
- It comes in an all-encompassing package
- The size of the boat is perfect for various bodies of water
- It is a good option for a beginner
- It features rip-stone nylon sails that improve its performance
- To get the most out of this boat you need to make several adjustments
- It is relatively expensive
5 – Rage RC B1300 Eclipse
- Use Rage RC stock and hop-up Replacement parts to get the most out of you Rage RC...
- This product is made from high quality materials and designed for lasting performance
- This is for use on the Rage RC eclipse Sailboat, consult your user's manual for exact...
- The eclipse 1M arrives with most of the difficult and time consuming rigging already...
This unit has all the characteristics that you would like to see in a high-quality RC Sailboat. It boasts an imposing size, an eye-catching design, and an impressive ability to smoothly sail through any body of water. It is perfect for both competitive racing and casual activities. Furthermore, and in stark contrast with other models in its price range, the learning curve that comes with operating it is not steep at all.
The most notable aspect of this boat, and a major reason why it is so effective on the water, is its impressive size. It measures over 7 inches from the bottom of the ballast bulb to the tip of the mast. This characteristic gives it an edge in competitions where every centimeter matters.
- This sailboat is one of the largest on the market
- The design is quite colorful
- It is made from high-quality materials
- It is easy to operate considering its advanced features
- The radio system is subpar
The options that we reviewed here cover the full scope of what RC sailboats are used for. Whether you are a beginner, an experienced sailor, or a competitive racing enthusiast looking for a valuable competitive edge, you should be able to find a unit that is suitable for you. At the end of the day, radio-controlled sailboats are fun devices that worth the investment every single time.
Last update on 2019-11-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API