With pregnancy comes many changes, changes to the body, hormones, and all this can get the emotions of a pregnant woman constantly spirally out of control. However, this can be avoided by reading. Nobody expects you to be perfect, especially if this is your first time, but you can read up all the information you need. So, that when something that appears weird happens, you don’t start panicking or running to the doctor because you already understand what’s happening.[lwptoc]
Moreover, it can be hard to follow up with all the nuances of pregnancy if you don’t read the best books on pregnancy. In fact, it can be very comforting to sit down with a good book, flip through, read and re-read as you go through the awesome 9-month adventure.
However, there are different authors and different books on pregnancy. So you don’t read one that gets you confused and scared about pregnancy, it is important to read only the best pregnancy books. If this is your first time, it is particularly important to purchase only the best pregnancy books for first-time moms. In this guide, we have reviewed the top three best pregnancy books that can offer you the much-needed understanding, and serve as your companion through your adventure.
Comparison TableInvalid table id.
Factors To Consider When Choosing Pregnancy Books
The question of which pregnancy book is the best to read is a crucial one. Just like there are no two identical expecting moms, there are no similar books. Each comes with its advice and style that is unique. Making a choice is dependent on the wisdom you want to acquire as well as the set of questions about pregnancy that you want to be answered.
What are you after?
You need to know the manner of information that you want to get from a pregnancy book. If you’re particular about the scientific and medical details, then you should check for books that offer this in order to limit your search.
Best Books, Best Authors
There are different authors. But the best authors are those with credibility. It is better to look for books with trusted authors. The authors should also have sound knowledge on the subject of pregnancy. For instance, the Mama Natural book is one of the top best for natural pregnancy and childbirth, because it was written by someone with much authority on the subject.
This is important. If you’re the type that gets bored easily with books, you should opt for books with a humorous and friendly tone.
Top 3 Pregnancy Books
We’re Pregnant! The First Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook
- Kulp, Adrian (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 292 Pages - 04/24/2018 (Publication Date) - Rockridge Press (Publisher)
Not only do first time pregnant women require books, their partners equally need to read. Else, the pregnancy which is supposed to be a wonderful bonding time for the couple will become a harrowing experience. One of the top best pregnancy books for first time dads is the Adrian Kulp’s paperback – We’re Pregnant! The First Time Dad’s Pregnancy Handbook. This paperback includes everything that a dad ought to know about pregnancy. It covers all the milestones of pregnancy week-by-week, and it also assuages the fears of terrified dads-to-be. It offers action-targeted, practical advice that spans through the pregnancy process through to the breastfeeding stage.
- It offers up-to-date information that ensures that the soon-to-be dad is not confused as to what is happening, what will happen, and his purpose in the pregnancy process
- Provides relevant information on the first few months after childbirth
- It is explanatory. It comforts the dads in a humorous tone while coaching them in a way they can understand.
- Some users are averse to the subtle advertisements throughout the book.
What to Expect When You’re Expecting
- What to Expect When You re Expecting
- Murkoff, Heidi (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 656 Pages - 05/31/2016 (Publication Date) - Workman Publishing Company (Publisher)
According to USA Today, this book is read by 93% of women who need pregnancy books. This should tell you something about the high-quality wisdom it offers. Having sold over 17 million copies, it can be regarded as the most popular pregnancy book. It is highly useful because it offers clear, accurate and practical descriptions of everything that pregnancy will bring your way, especially in the pre-natal stage. The same way your pre-natal doctor will explain is how this book explains. Every question you have on what to expect is included in this book as well as advice for the soon-to-be dads. It also includes medical information, pregnancy lifestyle trends, and postpartum control.
- Includes insights and tips on all the challenges and discomforts of pregnancy
- It offers advice for the soon-to-be dads
- It is extremely thorough, and it answers all the questions you have, even those you think are weird.
- By highlighting medical challenges and risks, it creates fear and portrays pregnancy as an ordeal
- It doesn’t emphasize the capabilities and strength of the pregnant woman.
The Mama Natural Week-by-Week Guide to Pregnancy and Childbirth
- NORTH STAR WAY
- Howland, Genevieve (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 528 Pages - 04/25/2017 (Publication Date) - Gallery Books (Publisher)
Are you having mixed feelings about your pregnancy and you need a guide to a healthy, natural, stress-free and happy pregnancy and childbirth? Then, this is a must-read for you. This Mama Natural book by Genevieve Howland is a fact-filled, easy-to-understand, fun guide to all the different stages of pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, baby care and more. It focuses on current research on screening, nutrition, birth teams, birthing courses, and how to prepare for labour and delivery. This book recognized the pregnancy and childbirth process as an awesome normal one, instead of a medical condition.
- It offers great advice from a Registered nurse and a certified nurse midwife as well as a lactation consultant and a doula
- It is well-written, accessible, funny and provides a week-by-week guide that empowers for natural pregnancy
- It is based on the latest research
- It doesn’t take a firm stand on the matter of circumcision. Rather, it offers the pros and cons and leaves the reader to make a decision
Pregnancy can be full of excitement, challenges, ups and downs. However, you can have the best pregnancy experience and overcome the inherent challenges by reading the best books about pregnancy. This guide has reviewed the top three best pregnancy books. Adrian Kulp’s book is the best for the soon-to-be fathers. The What to Expect When You’re Expecting book is the most popular guide for pregnant women. Then, the Mama Natural book is an excellent choice for the growing degree of women interested in natural pregnancy and childbirth.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API