When we want to produce a boost in the sound we will crank the amplifier to its limit. The sound we get is known as slipping and it is natural distortion. An overdrive pedal does the same thing without having to push the amp to its limit. As you would expect these are important accessories you may need or better said you will need at some point in your career. The goal is to find the best overdrive pedal. It is explained below.
Top 5 Overdrive Pedals
JHS Moonshine V2 Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
- An indispensable overdrive for Blues, rock, country, jazz, and even hardcore/metal players
- Designed for shaping and creating unique mid heavy tones for almost any need
- A Clean knob blends in any amount of clean signal to your tone
- The Proof toggle in the down position provides high gain, lots of saturation and sustain...
JHS Moonshine V2 Overdrive Guitar Effects is one of the top options that we were able to find in 2020. It has it all and it has been known as one of the most influential models of the year. It is a professional model that has been used by musicians who play blues, jazz, and even metal. Rock musicians like it as well.
The pedal is well-made and available in many, different versions. You can get any one of them and get the ultimate experience. You also get a simple toggle switch which allows you to get more saturation (when flipped down) or louder music (when flipped up). In a nutshell, you get a durable pedal that can last for years and that will meet all your requirements, high or low.
- Toggle switch
- Attention to detail
- Works on 9V and 18V
- Color chosen
- Low clarity
- Product type :SOUND AND RECORDING EQUIPMENT
- Package dimensions :7.8 cm L x12.2 cm W x16.7 cm H
- country of origin :Taiwan
- package weight :1.06lbs
This particular model has been known as one of the best guitar pedals for blues for a long period of time. It has it all you will need and it is one of the most affordable models on the market. This doesn’t mean it is cheap. On the contrary, the pedal in question is well-made, comes with advanced features and countless adjustments possible. All you have to do is to start using it and enjoy the new sound you can make.
One of the biggest advantages is the massive switch standard for Boss pedals. It is heavy-duty part of the system and it is one of the best we encounter. In general, the switch allows you to use it easily within seconds and at any given moment. The sensitivity is at the highest level possible. The only drawback here is the lack of data the manufacturer offers when purchasing the unit. You will need our review, something you are reading right now.
- Massive button
- Powerful shell
- All kinds of options
- Strange color
- Lack of data
Wampler Dual Fusion V2 Tom Quayle Signature Dual Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
- Specifically voiced for a new breed of fusion guitarists, but versatile enough to find a...
- Design in conjunction with Tom Quayle to tonally match his style of playing
- Designed for transparency and a tighter and controlled response on the bass end
- Sounds and feels like an amp running at high levels and gives each string complete clarity...
This is a model developed with the help of Tom Quayle so it matches his style and his music. The results are phenomenal and we can add that we had a great time on the tests. The pedal is superb and it is loaded with a high-quality amp effect that you must hear. Of course, this is standard for all high-end overdrive pedals and this one isn’t different. The sound you can create will be epic.
A while back we were able to see version 1 of the model. It wasn’t quite as good. This is version 2 and it is much, much better. Not only you will get a high-quality product, but you will make an excellent investment and be able to use it as long as needed. Don’t forget that the pedal is suitable for all genres and can be used by professionals or beginners. The last advantage is the availability in different colors. You can have any you like and all versions share the same list of benefits.
- Version 2 is much better
- Developed with the help of Tom Quayle
- All kinds of colors available
- Customer support
TC Electronic MojoMojo Overdrive Pedal
- Drive, level, bass and Treble controls - total control of your overdrive sounds
- True bypass - Zero loss of tone
- Voicing switch - for an awesome mid-shift
A good overdrive pedal doesn’t have to be expensive. The tested model is the best example. You will make an affordable investment and you will be more than just pleased with it. The pedal is made from aluminum and comes with zero distortion of the sound. In general, the sound quality is above average.
This particular model targets beginners and newbies. It isn’t a professional unit but it will be more than sufficient for most of you. At any given moment you can contact customer support if you need additional help. However, there is one feature which is borrowed from more expensive models. It is known as voicing switch and it can assist you with mid-shift.
- More than just affordable
- Classic design and features
- Zero loss of quality
- Voicing switch
- Isn’t suitable for professionals
Ibanez TS808 Overdrive Pedal
- Overdrive, Tone and Level controls
- Delivers that warm, natural tube overdrive sound previously unattainable by conventional...
- Zine die cast construction and rugged rubber stopper assures durability.
- LED indicator shows status of effect and battery condition.
The last model on our list is the mid-range unit that is very popular and a common choice these days. You get standard overdrive, tone and level adjustments and you also get a large button. It isn’t as big as Boss models have but it is designed in a similar way. You also have an LED where you can keep track of the pedal status and the battery level. Sadly, only one LED is used so this might be confusing.
The pedal is suitable for intermediate users but beginners will have a great time. We tested both versions. The TS808 and TS808DX. They are a decent choice and they will make you feel happier the first time you use the pedal. The main advantage is the warm sound quality that is difficult to explain with words.
- Warm sound
- Adjustments available
- Durable construction
- User manual
- LED is complicated to understand
- The button is small
JHS Moonshine V2 Overdrive Guitar Effects wins today’s review and it is the best overdrive pedal. Some things we liked include the best possible construction and the fact this model will work on 9V or 18V when you need extra power. The button is one of the most appealing parts as well and we liked a lot. All combined, the product gets 4.7 out of 5 star rating which is the highest possible we can give.
Also, we recommend to read about Acoustic Guitar Strings
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API