If you are a drone owner, you are surely aware of how delicate these devices are. This is the main reason you should consider investing in a dedicated drone backpack. These masterfully designed sacks are extremely effective when it comes to helping you carry your drone in a safe and convenient manner. In this article, we will review some of the best drone backpacks 2020 on the market today.
What you need to know before picking drone backpack
Drone backpacks are quite simple and the characteristics that they should have are fairly obvious. One important thing to note is that your focus should always be on essential aspects such as storage capacity and quality of craftsmanship rather than superficial ones like the design and color patterns of the backpack. To reiterate this core message, here are the main points that you should keep in mind.
The spaciousness of the interior compartment
Naturally, this is the first factor that you should consider. The interior compartment should provide ample storage room for a wide range of drone models.
The backpack should be made from high-quality materials and the craftsmanship needs to be immaculate. Avoid any unit that looks to be made from thin fabric or has any loose strings.
Backpacks that are not designed for comfort can singlehandedly ruin your trip. A great backpack should feature a good amount of padding in the straps and its back panel must be cushiony and firm enough to keep your back in a healthy posture.
When you are on a trip, the last thing you need is extra weight. A good backpack doesn’t have to be heavy in order to be durable and spacious.
Internal padding is another important factor that is often forgotten. Having a padded interior will protect your belongings in case you drop your backpack or collide with another project.
Water can cause irreparable damage to the delicate electronics of these devices. Having a backpack that is made from water-resistant materials is necessary for the outdoors.
The drone is not the only device that needs to be accommodated. Your backpack needs to have enough pouches for a wide range of essential items such as wallets, keys, cables, and phones.
1 – Lowepro Quad Guard BP X2
This unit is designed to handle twice as match as the average backpack in its price range. It features a customizable interior that provides padded and secure storage space for a wide array of items, namely the transmitter, the goggles, the batteries, and other spare parts. More importantly, this one of the best drone backpack is remarkably light and offers great comfort thanks to its well-padded shoulder straps and plush back panel.
- The backpack is waterproof
- It features an armored front panel
- It offers ample storage space
- It is comfortable
- It lacks bottom protection
2 – Ape Case ACPRO1500W
- VERSATILE DRONE BACKPACK DESIGNED TO THESE DRONES: DJI Mavic Mini, DJI Mavic Pro, DJI...
- DIMENSIONS: 12” x 9 1/2” x 7” Drone Compartment, 11” x 7” x 7” Top...
- HIGH QUALITY: Heavily Padded Interior With Customizable Dividers, A Water Resistant Cover,...
- HUGE STORAGE CAPACITY: Aside From The Customizable, Generously Sized Top And Bottom...
Don’t let the simplistic design of this backpack fool you. The Ape Case boasts a number of characteristics that make it very appealing in terms of convenience and durability. It can accommodate the majority of popular drones from established brands such as DJI, as well as most types of quadcopters, laptops, and tablets. Furthermore, it is backed by a generous 5-year warranty against any defects in materials or workmanship.
- It is backed by a great warranty
- It has a well-protected bottom
- The interior can accommodate a wide range of electronics
- It is light and easy to carry
- The design is somewhat bland and generic
3 – Lowepro ViewPoint BP250
- Use this flexible backpack for any passion or pastime thanks to a roomy upper compartment...
- Removable action video camera case built to fit the depth and form factors of today's most...
- Stash your go-to gear and personal stuff in the roomy upper compartment. It includes a...
- A padded back-pad and straps provide all-day comfort. Use the sternum strap to customize...
This backpack has a smart and efficient design that gives it a lot of versatility. It is quite compact and is mostly suited for small foldable drones. It also had a dedicated compartment that can house action cameras of all sizes and shapes. Other practical features of this backpack include a loop to secure headphones and a see-through zippered pocket that can be utilized to store smaller items such as pens, cords, and keys.
- The main compartment is very spacious relative to the size of the backpack
- It offers a lot of storage options
- It can house up to 3 action cameras
- It is equipped with adjustable cushioned dividers
- It is a little bit expensive
4 – Manfrotto MB BP-D1
- Plenty of space for all of your gear
- Designed to fit many different configurations of DJI Phantom
- Different carrying options
- High quality product
The MB BP-D1 is a well-crafted unit that is equipped with everything that you would need to comfortably store your drone and its auxiliary equipment. It was designed with a special focus on accommodating the DJI Phantom, one of the best selling units on the market. With that being side, this backpack offers a variety of carrying options that extend beyond drones and include a multitude of electronic devices.
- The quality of craftsmanship is very high
- An ideal option for a carry-on
- It features multiple removable pouches
- The design is eye-catching
- No side pockets for water bottles
5 – Lykus DBP-100U
- Compatible Drone Model: Phantom 4, Pro, Advanced Phantom 3 Standard, Professional,...
- Light, durable, and water resistant; Size is good for carry-on measurements. The back...
- Divided compartments hold 4 extra batteries,4 sets of propellers, controller, tablet, etc....
- Thick interior padding materials protect your drone and accessories from physical impact
As far as storage capacity is concerned, the DBP-100 U boasts a spacious main compartment and features a back pocket that can house tablets, smartphones, and laptops. This backpack is compatible with all versions of the Phantom drone as well as other similarly-sized It is light, exquisitely crafted, and highly resistant to water and other corroding elements of the outdoors.
- The interior has thick padding that helps protect your devices from impact
- The soft shoulder and waist strap provide good comfort
- It has four separate compartments for different types of items
- It comes with a rear pocket for tablets and small laptops
- The side pocket is not spacious enough to hold a water bottle
After going over dozens of drone and camera backpacks, we can safely state that the backpacks reviewed here are the best on the market. Every single one of them offers a lot of value for the money and would be a tremendous investment for any drone enthusiast.
Last update on 2020-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API