Pregnancy tests usually go with the emotions of excitement, anticipation, panic or dread. It once required a non-negotiable trip to the Hospital, but over the years, technological advancement has led to secure stay-at-home methods which are welcomed as you have the much-needed privacy to express your feelings. Here are Top 5 DIY Pregnancy Tests For 2020.[lwptoc]
DIY methods have become the most popular pregnancy test; however, the traditional way of going to see a Doctor still holds fast with some people. There are various test-at-home products made specifically for people with different preferences; the paper strips, the kits and the stick all built to deliver accurate results without much ado.
The paper strips contain just one thin paper strip which contains indicators where the urine sample should be and where to see the results. It is simple to use as it is only dipped in a cup or container of urine sample until the recommended height on the strip is reached, then the results appear in about three minutes.
Kits come with a dropper and a strip. The dropper is used to place three drops of urine on an indicated portion and results are gotten in three minutes. Sticks have two parts, the middle display screen for results and the other tip, which receives the urine. The user is required to pee on the stick for five seconds; results also appear in three minutes. This review is aimed at giving you options for the best pregnancy test for you.
Comparison tableInvalid table id.
Factors To Consider When Choosing The Best Pregnancy Test Kit
When shopping for the best home pregnancy test kit, there are various important factors to take into consideration, such as: How early can the test detect pregnancy? Is it user-friendly? How affordable is it? What is the error percentage? etc.
You can only answer these questions as they are all dependent on individual preferences. An online survey carried out showed that about 70% of women thought that early detection is the most important factor when buying a test. 20% chose affordability as the driving factor, while 10% said it was more important for the test to be user-friendly. However, we have compiled a guide to help you make the right choice.
Whether you are anticipating a positive or negative result, the common factor is that you want a result as soon as possible. A mechanism used by most pregnancy tests is the detection of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) in the urine. Human Chorionic Gonadotropin is a hormone secreted by the placenta after being implanted on the uterine wall. Implantation of the placenta usually takes place six to twelve days after fertilization has occurred; hence, the presence of hCG in urine can be detected after ten days.
Most pregnancy tests are made to be sensitive to the presence of hCG; some more sensitive than others. Detection levels of 10mIU/mL to 100mIU/mL are made available depending on the brand used. Pregnancy tests that have 50mIU/mL detection level can detect pregnancy between 10-12 days past ovulation while those with 100mIU/mL detect pregnancy between 12-14 days past ovulation. Armed with this knowledge, picking a pregnancy test that will deliver within the shortest possible time is more comfortable.
Pregnancy tests are generally built with the aim of easy use, seeing that a good number of users purchase the tests for home use. The midstream and test strip tests are both easy to use while producing accurate results in a short time. Each of these tests contains a set of written instructions that are easy to understand.
DIY test strips are relatively affordable. Some brands go for as little as a dollar, while some known brands are more expensive. As expected, the more expensive tests are believed to be more accurate as these are known brands that have evolved over time.
Having known what to look out for in tests, the question is: What is the best pregnancy test? In a bid to answer your question, we have a lineup of the best pregnancy test brands you can get online:
Top 5 Pregnancy Test Kits
iProven FMH-139 Pregnancy Test
- IPROVEN PREGNANCY TESTS MIDSTREAM - The FMH-139 is a midstream pregnancy test. 5 tests are...
- RESULTS IN LESS THAN 5 MINUTES - The pregnancy tests show rapid results within 3 to 5...
- OVER 99% ACCURATE -The results are over 99% accurate if you test on Cycle Day 1.
- OPTIMAL SENSITIVITY - With a sensitivity of 25mIU/ML, the pregnancy tests detect the hCG...
This HCG stick comes with a sleek build and has a high HCG sensitivity level of 25mIU/mL. It has an absorbent pad on one side of it and a result screen at the middle. Results are easy to read as it appears the same way as a paper strip with a control line and a test line. It can be dipped in urine or used midstream.
How to Use
For midstream, urinate on the white squares of the absorbent pad for about 10 seconds, making sure to avoid the purple squares. For dipping, pee in a clean container; immerse the white squares on the pad for 5 seconds. Results are obtained after 3-5 minutes; Test and control lines mean positive while the control line alone means negative.
- Easy to use
- Compatible with midstream method
- Not suitable for early pregnancy detection
Clearblue Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test
- The Only pregnancy test with Smart Countdown, reassuring you the test is working as it...
- Over 99% accurate** at detecting pregnancy from the day of your expected period
- The 'no mess' wide absorbent tip and integrated Floodguard Technology helps reduce the #1...
- The digital display uses Words for results, taking away the confusion of interpreting...
The Clearblue Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test is known for its unique color change tip, which turns pink as soon as urine is absorbed, indicating that the test is carried out correctly. This test can be used midstream or by dipping it in the urine sample and has a sensitivity of 25mIU/mL.
How to Use
Hold the colour change tip in the urine sample for about 5 seconds; the tip turns pink on as soon as it comes in contact with urine, keep holding it in the urine sample until the 5 seconds elapse. Read results after 3 minutes.
- Easy to use
- Gives result almost immediately.
- Results are easy to read.
- Ergonomic handle
- Less sensitive to HCG levels, unlike other brands.
iProven FH-30 HCG Test Strip
- DIP & READ - That’s all it takes. After collecting your urine, dip the Pregnancy Test...
- NO FALSE POSITIVES OR NEGATIVES - Who wouldn’t be scared of them? Our Pregnancy tests...
- CAN’T WAIT TO TEST? - You can use our Early Pregnancy Test already 4 days before you...
- CHECK CHECK DOUBLE CHECK - Started testing too early? With the extra Pregnancy tests in...
The iProven pregnancy test strips detect the presence of HCG in urine samples with a detection level of 10mIU/mL, which detects small amounts of HCG. The strip has a test line and a control line which turns red simultaneously to indicate the level of HCG and tell if the test was undertaken correctly. It is advised to carry out this test two days after the supposed first day of your period, preferably in the morning when the level of HCG in your urine is at its highest.
How to Use
Collect urine in a clean, dry container. Insert the strip in the urine for about five seconds taking extra care not to dip the strip past the max line. Lay on a flat surface and read results between three to five minutes after urine immersion.
- It is affordable.
- Test strips are very sensitive.
- Easy to use
- The test result is received within 3 to 5 minutes
- Prone to false results if not done correctly.
AFAC Pregnancy Test Stick
- 99% ACCURATE MEASUREMENT - The AFAC Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test has an over 99%...
- 2 BIG SPLASH PROOF WINDOW DESIGN - the Results are clear and easy to read.
- FAST AND SENSITIVE - Place the absorbent tip in the urine stream for 10 seconds, wait 3...
- PROFESSIONAL QUALITY FOR HOME USE - the 3 Pregnancy Test Sticks (HCG) provide a...
This is arguably one of the best pregnancy test sticks available in online stores and walk-in stores. With 60% positive reviews and a convenient build, it comes highly recommended. This product boasts of a 99% accurate measurement and a splash-proof result window; it is easy to use and user-friendly. It can easily be used midstream owing to its comfortable grip handle.
How to Use
Immerse the absorbent tip in the urine stream for about 10 seconds, place on a flat surface and read results after 3 minutes.
- Perfect result from the expected day of your period
- Easy to read results
- Affordable test package of 3-in-1
- Varying levels of sensitivity to HCG
MomMed Ovulation Test Kit HCG15-LH40
- RELIABLE RESULTS - Our 40 x Ovulation Tests and 15 x Pregnancy Tests are trustworthy and...
- FAST & EASY TO USE - With the MomMed Ovulation and Pregnancy Test Kit You can perform an...
- FREE 55 URINE CUPS - Our kit also contains 55 urine cups for you. Other providers often do...
- SAFE PACKAGING - Each MomMed test is single and safely packaged and has been tested for...
With 40 Ovulation Test Strips, 15 Pregnancy Test Strips and 55 Urine cups, this has to be the best pregnancy test kit. The MomMed test kit makes it possible to undergo an ovulation and pregnancy test from the comforts of your home. Its strips have a high level of sensitivity to both HCG levels and LH Surge. The LH strips are pink in colour while the HCG strips are blue in colour.
How to Use
The procedures for both ovulation test and pregnancy test are the same. The strips are placed in urine for 5 seconds not exceeding the maximum line, laid on a flat surface for 5 minutes, and the results read after.
- 25mIU/mL detection of HCG and LH levels.
- Free urine cups
- Easy to use.
- Failure to read the results correctly if the instructions not followed.
Having gone through a series of products, these five are our choice picks for you. These products were chosen following the buyer’s guide to give you top quality. AFAC leads the list as the best pregnancy test with a rating of 4.8 on a scale of 5, seconded by MomMed at 4.6 of 5. With a score of 4 out of 5, iProven FH-30 occupies the third spot, closely followed by ClearBlue with 3.9 out of 5. iProven FMH-139 comes fifth with 3.5 out of 5 stars. Armed with this review, we believe you will make the right choice for you.
Last update on 2021-05-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API