Last Updated on
Regardless of your age, managing acne is never easy. While you can always go the medical treatment route, it is essential to note that this can cause some major adverse side effects that could last for years. Acne tends to clear up by itself after a while; so there is really no need to compromise your health with harsh treatments. The safer approach is to simply camouflage acne using high-quality makeup products. In this article, we will help you pick the best concealer for acne.
The main factors that you should consider when picking a concealer for acne
Before buying a concealer for acne, you need to familiarize yourself with the basic characteristics of these products. There are a lot of variables that determine their overall quality and ability to eradicate all blemishes off the surface of the skin, and making an informed purchase decision is predicated on being aware of each one of these factors.
Type of skin
Not every concealer is designed to accommodate every type of skin. People who have very dry skin or an excessively oily one need to check the product description to make sure that the concealer won’t exacerbate their condition.
This is a standard factor for any type of makeup product. A concealer with good coverage will allow you to add more layers without worrying about it caking on the skin. High coverage also ensures more prolonged wearing and eliminates the need for multiple applications.
Generally speaking, you want to have a wide selection of colors to choose from so that you can get something that is in line with your own tastes and preferences. If you are not sure about the colors that a particular concealer is offering, we recommend that you keep looking for the ideal one rather than take a risk and settle for something you don’t like.
Concealers that are made using organic ingredients are undoubtedly healthier and safer than those who aren’t. Besides eliminating the risk of allergic reactions, irritations, and rashes, a potent organic formula can have long term positive effects on your skin, especially when it comes to halting the aging process.
You don’t have to be a vegan to value animal rights. If you happen to share this same stance, It is advisable that you stick to products are certified 100% cruelty-free and avoid all the brands that still conduct their tests on animals.
Ease of application
For the sake of time-saving and convenience, make sure that you get a concealer that is relatively easy to apply. Ideally, it should come with a well-designed brush that helps you dab it.
Reviews of the best concealers for acne
1 – Benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing Industrial Strength Full Coverage Concealer
- Our original boi-ing industrial strength concealer hides it all! This stay put full...
- This full coverage cream concealer covers everything from heavy-duty dark circles to...
- With fingertip, lightly dab Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer under eyes or onto face....
- Full coverage, Ideal for blemishes & dark circles, Cream formula, Matte finish
This concealer is extremely potent and it is specifically designed to tackle the most persistent blemishes and skin imperfections. The coverage that it provides is remarkably high and the texture of the concealer is smooth enough that it seamlessly blends into the skin in a soft and effortless manner. More importantly, the creamy texture of the formula makes it highly buildable, a quality that is essential for any good makeup product. As for the consistency, it is simply excellent, and you can expect to wear this concealer during the entire day without having to worry about reapplying it again at some point.
This concealer is so effective that it can essentially eliminate the need for foundation. Besides small blemishes and acne, it is also adept at eradicating dark spots and circles around the eyes as well as signs of aging such as wrinkles and droopy skin. Furthermore, the radiant glow that it gives your face looks natural and subtle. This is mostly due to the exquisite matte finish that goes well with a wide range of skin complexions and is highly effective when it comes to accentuating the natural features of the face.
- The coverage that is provided by this concealer is very high
- It is very effective in camouflaging skin imperfections and blemishes
- The texture of the concealer is highly consistent and long-lasting
- The radiant glow that it adds to the face looks natural
- The matte finish goes well wide various skin tones
- The formula is quite concentrated and easily buildable
- This concealer might not be ideal for people who have very oily skin
- It produces a very subtle yellow tint that might not be to everybody’s liking
2 – It Cosmetics – Bye Bye Breakout
Due to the specificities that come with having oily skin, finding a concealer that can camouflage acne and regulate oil in an effective manner can be a daunting task. This is where the It Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakout concealer comes in. This product was specifically designed to accommodate oily skin. It is the ideal option for anyone who wants to tackle any type of skin imperfection without having to worry about oil buildup on the surface of the skin.
It is also worth noting that the formula of this concealer is one of the most potent ones on the market. It combines a number of nutrients with several endogenous structural proteins such as collagen with the sole purpose of giving the face a permanent radiant glow and eradicating the signs of aging.
Like all concealers in our list, the It Cosmetics is remarkably consistent and can last for quite a while after the initial application. In addition to this, it blends very well other makeup products and does a decent job in enhancing your features without giving out an air of artificiality.
- This is the ideal concealer for people who struggle with oily skin
- Its formula boasts a number of anti-aging properties
- The luminous glow that it adds to your face does not look artificial
- Its consistency and coverage are outstanding
- It can blend perfectly with other makeup products
- It employs several organic ingredients that help zap your pimples
- It is relatively expensive compared to other products on the list
- The scent of this product might be too strong for some people
3 – W3LL PEOPLE – Natural Bio Correct Multi-Action Concealer
- This Power-Packed Natural Wonder Provides Serious Coverage To Banish Any Skin...
- The Difference Is Its Ultra Light, Mousse Texture That Blends Onto Skin With Minimal...
- Depuffs, Brightens + Improves Skin Texture While It Conceals
- Like All W3ll People Cosmetics, It Is Free From Harsh Artificial Chemicals Like Parabens,...
If you have sensitive skin, then this concealer should be worthy of your consideration. The texture of this product is simply flawless, making the application process easy and smooth. Moreover, it blends well with a wide range of makeup products and complements any foundation in a seamless manner. As far as the coverage is concerned, it is rather full, which enables it to banish any type of skin imperfection or blemish, ranging from acne and pimples to the dark circles just under the eyes.
The smoothness of the texture is not the only quality that is worth praising. In fact, a major reason why this concealer is effective is the fact that it boasts a very light composition. This allows the product to penetrate the skin in an effortless manner and ensures that it will last longer. You can expect to wear it for a whole day without experiencing any of the consistency issues that plague subpar products, namely creasing and budging.
Another great thing about the W3LL is the organic nature of its formula. All the ingredients are naturally-sourced and no harsh artificial chemicals such as Parabens, Propylene, or Dimethicone were used during the manufacturing process. Additionally, this concealer is also cruelty-free.
- The quality to price ratio is one of the highest on the market
- It is very light and blends easily into the skin
- The application process is quick and effortless
- The coverage that it provides is fairly wide
- It is the ideal option for people who have extremely sensitive skin
- It is made from organic ingredients and certified cruelty-free
- Its texture might not be subtle enough for people who prefer a more natural look
- There are not enough color options to choose from
4 – Physicians Formula Conceal RX Physicians Strength Concealer
- MAXIMUM COVERAGE: Our maximum coverage concealer glides on smoothly to conceal blemishes,...
- LASTS UP TO 12 HOURS: Apply a small dot of concealer & blend to hide skin imperfections...
- BEST FACE FORWARD: With primers, highlighters, bronzers, & mineral powders, we have a full...
- SENSITIVE SKIN CARE: Physician's Formula offers a full line of skin care & makeup for...
This is the most affordable option on the list and it is also one of the most versatile ones on the market. Its neutral texture and potent formula give it the ability to even out both oily and dry skin in an equally effective manner. It is capable of hiding a wide array of skin imperfections that ranges from dark circles and blemishes to pimples and zits. For such an affordable product, the level of pigmentation and coverage of this concealer are some of the best that we’ve reviewed.
Since it is tailored to both people with oily skin and dry skin, the concealer is oil-free and non-comedogenic. This ensures that the product won’t cause any skin irregularities or clog up your pores. Furthermore, the organic formula of the concealer makes it completely safe for people who are prone to developing a strong allergic reaction or skin rashes.
The potency of this concealer’s formula coupled with its strong semi-matte finish means that the best way to apply it is by setting it with powder before the application process is completed. This will allow you to get the most out of the RX strength concealer and will help you accentuate your features in a non-artificial way.
- It is one of the most affordable high-quality concealers on the market
- It is suitable for both dry and oily skin
- The coverage is very decent considering the low price
- The level of pigmentation is exceptionally high
- It does not contain any oil or harsh chemicals
- Its semi-matte finish allows it to blend very well with any foundation
- The packaging is poorly designed
- It is only available in three colors
5 – Alima Pure Pressed Foundation with Rosehip Antioxidant Complex
- Nutmeg - For medium skin tones with neutral or beige undertones
- A lightweight pressed mineral powder with a velvety matte finish in a refillable compact
- Formulated nourishing and restorative with rosehip oil, evening primrose oil, aloe leaf...
- Vegan and free of gluten, parabens, sulfates, phthalates
The last option in our list is another great concealer that is exclusively formulated using a host of high-quality organic ingredients. The unique formula employs rosehip oil, primrose oil, aloe, chamomile, and argan oil. The result is a rich concoction that is highly at dept at moisturizing the skin and camouflaging any imperfection or blemish. It comes with a well-designed antibacterial sponge that facilitates the application process and helps settle the concealer into the skin in an effortless fashion.
The coverage that you can expect out of the Alima Pure is full and natural. This is mostly due to the sheer and buildable layers that make customizing the amount of coverage extremely easy. Moreover, the concealer boasts a very light composition which allows it to blend into the skin quite effectively. The colors are another major selling point of this concealer. The selection is rather comprehensive and includes a host of exquisite finishes like birch, sesame, macadamia, dune, and pecan among a long list of other beautiful colors. Regardless of your taste and preferences, you are bound to find something you like in that wide selection.
- The formula of this concealer is 100% organic
- The range of color options is remarkably wide
- It boasts a light composition that allows it to quickly settle into the skin
- It features several moisturizing properties
- A practical antibacterial sponge is included in the package
- The coverage is tremendous
- The powder is not ideal for people with very large pores
- This concealer is relatively expensive when compared to other similar products
While concealers for acne are not exactly the flashiest of makeup products, their role remains essential. Investing in one of these products is essential if you want your face to have the clean radiant glow that you have always wanted. Take the time to read each review carefully and pick the concealer that you believe is best suited for your skin.
Last update on 2020-01-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API